Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Securing Equipment in Trailer

tomartomau

Smile Securing Equipment in Trailer

Guys,
    Sorry I have not visited for a couple of weeks... been on hols at Caloundra and of course working hard.
    I am wondering about securing the equipment in the trailer.
    What do some of you do?

Many thanks in advance

Tony

Default Re: Securing Equipment in Trailer

Thats a very good question Tony! After much experimentation with a fully lockable purpose built lawn mowing trailer (useless for hauling anything other than tools!) & a cage trailer with various lockable brackets on it (that damaged the gear they're protecting), I've returned to the very basic old length of heavy duty chain & padlocks with the snippers on racks! It's easy & so far it's proved fairly thief safe (I had one try & take the spare snipper when I was out the back of a house mowing!) I'd be more than happy to hear of a better way though if someone's got one???

thats what i have done to kakegc , chains and padlocks with bolted or welded brackets , i have a hard cover for my ute bed which i put my gear in, if i have to load the trailor with green waste , works okay for me . i have the same setup in the bed to. cheers heggie
    ~~{Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.}~~

SCO

Sounds good guys, I have just splashed out a got a trailer, Im picking it up tomorrow, could anybody post a pic, or a link to some pics of trailer setups ? Any help would be great, Thanks

worzel

Quote Originally Posted by heggie
    thats what i have done to kakegc , chains and padlocks with bolted or welded brackets , i have a hard cover for my ute bed which i put my gear in, if i have to load the trailor with green waste , works okay for me . i have the same setup in the bed to. cheers heggie
    Hi Heggie
    I have just bought a new tilt trailer
    I am thinking of carting around my brother's nasty Rotweiller to deter these gear pinching scum.Only trouble is he causes a battle every house that has a dog.
    A while back on this forum someone had designed some excellent brackets for holding trimmers on.
    If these were made to be padlocked they would be ideal.
    Joke about wireless maoris -choice
    Cheers Worzel

Quote Originally Posted by worzel
    Hi Heggie
    I have just bought a new tilt trailer
    I am thinking of carting around my brother's nasty Rotweiller to deter these gear pinching scum.Only trouble is he causes a battle every house that has a dog.
    A while back on this forum someone had designed some excellent brackets for holding trimmers on.
    If these were made to be padlocked they would be ideal.
    Joke about wireless maoris -choice
    Cheers Worzel
    hey worzel ,
    hows things with you mate ?
    yeah the rotty sounds like the answer lol

what size is your new tilt trailor ? any chance of putting a photo up mate ? cheers heggie
    ~~{Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.}~~

I might have to borrow that Rotty lol! I got bit by a "he won't bite" geriatric furball last week in a new customers backyard! It's only the 2nd time it's ever happened to me; a pit bull nailed me last year F.U.C.K did that HURT!

I bet the poor pit-bull is still trying to get that nasty taste from his mouth

worzel

I can put up with most dogs but pitbulls give me the ****s.
    They don,t attack me but give my linetrimmers grief.My worst one killed a cat a few months back and was put down.(YAHOO)

AS this is an equipment related forum maybe use them to clamp trimmers and blowers on your vehicle or trailer ????

Still looking for a ride-on Heggie and then I'll post

Hi
    Joined the forum yesterday, looking for information on my future home.
    Try this web site www.timmertrap.com. I sell their stuff, good quality and it works, plus it may give you some ideas.
    I am not sure if they sell in Australia but some one must make something similar
    Nigel

Hi
    Joined the forum yesterday, looking for information on my future home.
    Try this web site www.trimmertrap.com. I sell their stuff and good quality and works, plus it may give you some ideas.
    I am not sure if they sell in Australia but some one must make something similar
    Nigel