Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Materials

Default Re: Materials

its pretty simple actually..you quote , the customer accepts...your invoice provides supply and plant or lay and thats it ...the important thing is that customer receives information from you that the job will entail a list of things that you will do ....eg supply and lay much to the existing garden beds after they have been weeded , no need to specify the volume of materials , all they want is a good job...evryone looks at the bottom line...customer gets a great looking job and you get a fat reward.....

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Exactly what I do.

I've tried establishing a working relationship with various suppliers in the hope of getting a better price on my purchases (with a view to selling on at cost price) but there doesn't seem to be such a thing as 'trade price' anymore!
    paul it maybe a bit far for you but for the guys on the gold coast

plantmark http://plantmark.com.au/index.html at Merrimac might be worth a look at you have to become amember to see prices but thats no hard

an example
    Nandina domestica nana 14cm $5.60

Acacia Dazzler 14cm $7.15 EA. inc gst
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I get all my plants from plantmark at merrimac.You have to have an abn to buy there and register with them.They are way cheaper than bunnings, better service and better quality plants.check em out courty!

Quote Originally Posted by allo View Post
    I get all my plants from plantmark at merrimac.You have to have an abn to buy there and register with them.They are way cheaper than bunnings, better service and better quality plants.check em out courty!
    Sounds like a good place. Wish we had one out here.

I bought six Tibouchina shrubs in 150mm pots (not the tree-type T. Alstonville)from Bunnings for a job recently. Normally I check everything before buying but this time I didn't - I don't know why.

Anyway, when I was ready to plant them I discovered four of the six were so rootbound the roots had actually turned at the bottom of the pot and started growing back up. And they were big pencil sized roots, not fine healthy ones.

When I took them back what a song and dance it was to get my money back. (They didn't have any left to swap under their "Plant Guarrantee" and I didn't want to anyway.)

No matter where you buy it's a good idea to slide the plant out of the pot and check.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    its pretty simple actually..you quote , the customer accepts...your invoice provides supply and plant or lay and thats it ...the important thing is that customer receives information from you that the job will entail a list of things that you will do ....eg supply and lay much to the existing garden beds after they have been weeded , no need to specify the volume of materials , all they want is a good job...evryone looks at the bottom line...customer gets a great looking job and you get a fat reward.....
    Thats a fair summation.
    Nicely put

Ok this thread can go back into the archives now......move on
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123