sorry
    australia

i vote for a new public holiday
    []

Default Re: sorry

Australians have always been SORRY

Today government made it official

Below is Ruddies speach to the Nation on this day 13/02/08

Today we honour the Indigenous peoples of this land, the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

We reflect on their past mistreatment.

We reflect in particular on the mistreatment of those who were stolen generations – this blemished chapter in our nation's history.

The time has now come for the nation to turn a new page in Australia's history by righting the wrongs of the past and so moving forward with confidence to the future.

We apologise for the laws and policies of successive Parliaments and governments that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow Australians.

We apologise especially for the removal of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from their families, their communities and their country.

For the pain, suffering and hurt of these stolen generations, their descendants and for their families left behind, we say sorry.

To the mothers and the fathers, the brothers and the sisters, for the breaking up of families and communities, we say sorry.

And for the indignity and degradation thus inflicted on a proud people and a proud culture, we say sorry.

We the Parliament of Australia respectfully request that this apology be received in the spirit in which it is offered as part of the healing of the nation.

For the future we take heart; resolving that this new page in the history of our great continent can now be written.

We today take this first step by acknowledging the past and laying claim to a future that embraces all Australians.

A future where this Parliament resolves that the injustices of the past must never, never happen again.

A future where we harness the determination of all Australians, Indigenous and non-Indigenous, to close the gap that lies between us in life expectancy, educational achievement and economic opportunity.

A future where we embrace the possibility of new solutions to enduring problems where old approaches have failed.peA future based on mutual respect, mutual resolve and mutual responsibility.

A future where all Australians, whatever their origins, are truly equal partners, with equal opportunities and with an equal stake in shaping the next chapter in the history of this great country, Australia.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

[QUOTE=administrator]Australians have always been SORRY QUOTE]

ok then.
    if you say so mate
    []

lol
    ~~{Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.}~~

Very Helpful Member

We apologize for giving you interest free loans. We apologize for developing Ayers rock and Kakadu, and handing them over to you so that you get all the money. We apologize for giving you $1.7 billion per year for your 250,000 people, which is $48,000.00 per aboriginal man, woman and child. We apologize for working hard to pay taxes that finance your welfare, medical care, education, etc to the tune of $1.2 billion each year. We apologize for you having to approach the aboriginal affairs department to verify the above figures. For the trouble you will have identifying the “uncle toms” in your own community who are getting richer and leaving some of you living in squalor and poverty. We do apologize. We really do. We humbly beg your forgiveness for all the above sins. We are only too happy to take back all the above and return you to paradise of the whenever you are ready.
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Looks like our PM Kevin Rudd has cemented his name in history by saying his government is SORRY ,typical egomaniac politician .Can't recall at last election the people giving him a mandate or agenda to do so

ian you need to take the pillow case from your head there mate
    i think that you need to spend some time walking in there shoes mate
    like ffs
    []

Very Helpful Member

dear hairy my wifes great grandfather was an aboriginal making my wife and children aboriginal i also have 2 aboriginal cousins on my mothers side
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Let me tell you a story.
    We bought an old soldier settler block north of the Murray and moved into the
    pickers hut/shearers quarters and we were up the duff. Then we moved
    into the big house, Fibro basic, long drop outside etc, just before delivery.
    A young bloke came looking for a job to get a quid so he could afford to rent a roof for his new missus and soon to be born new kid.
    We moved him into the donga we used to live in. – we worked hard.
    One day our kids went to school together.
    The proudest feeling that I have ever had is when my daughter came home and said.
    “Dad I never knew Cedric was a black fellah till we got on the school bus together.”
    We all prospered in the good times and pulled our belts in in the tough.

Where I lived was prime real estate – paradise.
    The sort of a place that someone would pick if they were first to get there.
    Sometimes I wonder why it is that it is only me that has the first pick of paradise
    I s it because I can borrow money – or lend money.
    I wonder what happened to those people who lived here before me.
    If I am prepared to inherit the land title of paradise should I also not recognise from whence it came.
    We let some smart arse Y ank come over here and give us bad service for $110m
    And take our super from super pits in the ground.
    Dessecrate black fellah mecca with gas pipes in the name of selling cheap energy to China.
    See how you would go drilling a hole through the pyramids or Sphynx just to save a few dollars on oil delivery costs.
    As a Nation we are as rich as we will ever be.
    Black Fellahs die about 17 years earlier than you and I white blokes.
    I pay Tax.
    If I was a Black Fellah, on average I would have been dead 5 years ago.
    Take half of my tax,
    Give it to those who are denied the extra years that I have.
    Ian Moss retires with $100m
    $10,000 for 10,000 black fellahs.
    Where is the obscenity?
    Aghh – stop my tiny mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    dear hairy my wifes great grandfather was an aboriginal making my wife and children aboriginal i also have 2 aboriginal cousins on my mothers side
    full of sh*t
    wife gets $48,000.00
    your kids get $48,000.00 each then
    2 cousins $48,000.00
    wow if what you said before is true.
    you family is doing good with all your so call free money then bloke well good on ya.
    so you are haveing a spit cause your wife has all your tax

you are full of sh*t ian
    redneck
    []

Very Helpful Member

i am glad to see that you did independent research and didn't just let your racist bias point of view interfere with the facts yes i agree i also did not research the figures that i read but the facts are
    1] actual aboriginal and torres strait population according to the 2006 census was 455,000 this includes people with as little as 1/32
    2] the equity held by atsic and declared in the 2004 bubget was over $1,505,000,000
    so while the figures originally had may have been abit out i hardly think this makes me full of s---
    and i also apologize because it was my wife's great grandmother not her great grandfather as i said

mate i dont no were you got me being a racist..
    i was fairdinkum
    i work with my local aboriginal corporation in my county town on the mid nth coast of N.S.W
    []

The sorry has been said, whether you agree, disagree or are indifferent.

Things were done in the past that were in accordance with the policies and theories of the times...so was electric shock therapy and labotomies so it shows how far we've come.

The government of today now needs focus on ways we can help the idigenous community restore some pride so it can heal from within and develop real and viable long term solutions to the many problems that exist. Throwing money at it has not helped...maybe this will.

However I won't hold my breath in the hope that the government will do anything else of value to help solve the problems. (Call me cynical)
    ~ Joanne ~

You know governments won't do a thing till they sense a change in the wind.
    They lead from pressure behind.
    For a long while Blokes who went to Darwin, WW2, were not classed as rturned Soldiers and were denied war service housing loans, or entry to the RSL.
    All they wanted was recognition that they were soldiers and did it for us. No more no less.
    Right or wrong the Government picked a blue with the N Vietnamese.
    Blokes went and did a bloody fine job and came home to be shat on from a great height.
    "Get over it boy, you and your problems and your Kids birth defects are no problem of the government."
    And in the cesspool of indifference these lives rot and shrivell.
    Along comes someone with guts.
    They shake the topor from our selfish souls.
    For years we ignor them - but they are possesed and persist.
    and then, eventually they turn majority opinion around.
    I dips me lid to these true heros.
    Mangled soldiers,\abused kids\ beaten wives\asbestos sufferers\
    all those that have been treated as arsepaper by the system take solice in the fact that some does care.
    We are a big country - big at heart.

" He followed like a bloodhound on their track,
    Till they halted cowed and beaten, then he turned their heads for home,
    And alone and unassisted brought them back."

Very Helpful Member

fact 3] $1,505,000,000 divided by 455,000 = $3,308 which is nowhere near $48,000
    and this proves it is a lot easier to call people names and not resolve anything than it is to research peoples statements and then disprove them with the facts .

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast