Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Fuel Consumption

Rod

Lightbulb Fuel Consumption

Has anybody had any success with "Hilclone" products in their vehicles to improve fuel consumption?

I put one into a 2000 V6 Rodeo and instanly took my average distance travelled per tank of fuel from around 220 km to just over 300 km (around town job to job.)

I looked at them for years and never believed the hype. I also added a reccomended K & N High air flow air filter (suppose to last a million miles.)

I reckon it will save me around $600 a year in fuel at least. I just need one for the Toro.

Easycareacres

never known off this product but wow sounds good im sick off fuel bills when flat out im 140.00 every 2 days
    Where do you find out about them ?

Rod

Default Hi Clone

www.hicloneqld.com/hiclone.htm

Around $180 for the hi clone insert and same again for the filter total was about $360.00 (sounds a lot) but for around 10-20% decrease in vehicle fuel usage. If you use that much fuel YOU will notice a decrease.

You have to disconnect your battery if fuel injected to reset the engine management computer.

Easycareacres

thanks Rod something new to think about. I use lucas in fuel in all equipment with good benifits, results no plugs fowling etc.
    So this looks like a centre plug in filter on this one you have
    Have you had results for the $540.00 ? youve spent.
    Sad thing if I convert my diesel to it i wont make as sell every 2 years. Good to hear of new products out there, Im waiting for someone to invent a vechile run on air lol.

Rod

Total investment was around $360.00.

Simply it reduced my vehicle petrol costs only by 10-20% so somewhere around the $15-20 a week best calculation.