Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Servicing Shindawa C4 machines

Default Servicing Shindawa C4 machines

I have recently completed a rountine service on Shindawa C4's cleaning the pre - airfilter,airfilter and spark plugs plus general fin clean and dust.

What I found is that the:

Multi tool C4 has a pre-filter,and airfiter, BUT the Blower and hedge trimmer has only a airfilter.However in the servicing manual it describes a pre-filter being in place.

This does worry me as the pre-filter on the multi-tool was really dirty.I spoke to my supplier and he said that was normal for the blower and hedge trimmer to only have the filter.

What do you guys know about the above?

Any in put would be appreciated.

Cheers

GJ

Default Re: Servicing Shindawa C4 machines

Hi geejay
    I used to be a Shindawa dealer for about 6 years and like a lot of manufacturers,Shindawa chop and change there air filter set up regularly.With quite a few models the replacement filters were totaly different to the original.If a customer wanted a pre filter that wasnt fitted ,on most models that wasnt a problem [we always had stock of filter foam].If your blower and hedger has the felt filter fitted i would not worry as they are very good and only need cleaning at service time[or as conditions dictate].
    i hope this is of some help.
    Cheers

Default Re: Servicing Shindawa C4 machines

thanks mate that has put my mind at ease.

cheers

gj