Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new stuff

Default new stuff

do you guys think we are running out of steam the posts seen to be getting less and less , i really enjoy this forum as i have gained so much info from it... maybe there are too many lookers and not enough speakers , come on dont look do dont think just do lol ....

grasshopper

Default Re: new stuff

Hardly have time. We're flat out up here in God's country. I've heard u blokes are doing it tuff with the weather.

actually with the storms and garden rejuvs after the drought we are also very busy but i havent head lights on the hand mowers although the rise ons do but dont chuck out much light to see still there is always time

robbie

yeah, there isnt much activity on this board, but the stored info (knowledge base) here is good

Here is something new I just stumbled upon, it was a Google Ad

http://www.quickmow.com.au/

Its certainly an interesting way of doing things, The website confuses me a bit I think they only work Saturdays and offer a fixed price for a fixed time slot

That would work until you rock up to a feral lawn, also they list the charge for weeding,hedging and lawn spraying on a small block as $2

They charge $50.00 for a 600sqm block which is a good price if the lawn is not overgrown.

I assume they have the fixed price to facilitate online bookings anyway good luck to them its a different way of running a lawn care business

robbie

interesting..

It is a bit strange.

Don't know how the pricing is for their target market, but offering weeding for between $2 & $5 (sight unseen) it would want to be on the high side.

I think they are leaving themselves open a little.

Customer books a job, townhouse - mow, remove clippings & do the weeding. Not having quoted first, they get there and the lawn is kik & 1 metre high. Garden beds are full of weeds.

What do they do ?

Do the job and charge the customer $29.00 as stated on the website ?

Say hang on a sec, this is going to take longer than we anticipated & therefore cost you more ?

There aren't any disclaimers and nothing is mentioned in the T&C on the website so who knows ?

One interesting thing is the free online booking system they use - http://www.supersaas.com/
    Stanhope Gardens And Lawns

Gardening & landscaping, lawn mowing, strata cleaning & maintenance, high pressure cleaning

Residential | Real estate | Strata | Industrial & commercial

https://stratamaintenance.net
    https://stanhopegardensandlawns.com.au

Well $5 for weeding is a good price for large blocks, i have charged $100's depending on how bad it is.

Could be good subbies if you live in that coverage area,, $200 for you $5 for them

Apart from that ,that has to be the worlds stupidest website , i guess they mow on Saturdays for beer money and know nothing about the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper
    Well $5 for weeding is a good price for large blocks, i have charged $100's depending on how bad it is.

Could be good subbies if you live in that coverage area,, $200 for you $5 for them

Apart from that ,that has to be the worlds stupidest website , i guess they mow on Saturdays for beer money and know nothing about the industry.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing....

Letting the customers choose the time must play havoc with their scheduling.

Imagine doing a job, going to the other side of the city for the next one, then back to do one down the road from the first job.

What a waste of time.

This is just for Saturday's too - a lot of effort for a couple of weekend jobs.

Anyone know who they are ? I'd love to know if they're weekend warriors, or full-timers wanting to fill a bit of free time on Saturday

Gardening & landscaping, lawn mowing, strata cleaning & maintenance, high pressure cleaning

My god it gets worse, i just noticed whats written on the bottom.

"Be !00% satisfied with our service or its free, thats our promise."

These people are going to find out theres no satisfieing some folks and even if they are they will say they arnt.

Can you imagine spending a Saturday mowing and weeding a large block only for the customer to say "sorry i am not satisfied dont ask me for money,,pizz off"

Quote Originally Posted by NWGL
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing....

Letting the customers choose the time must play havoc with their scheduling.

Imagine doing a job, going to the other side of the city for the next one, then back to do one down the road from the first job.

What a waste of time.

This is just for Saturday's too - a lot of effort for a couple of weekend jobs.

Anyone know who they are ? I'd love to know if they're weekend warriors, or full-timers wanting to fill a bit of free time on Saturday
    They cover my end of town I have never seen them but there are heaps who do not advertise on their utes or trailers.

I was thinking they might sub out the work to several contractors allowing them to allocate a specific time but why would they just limit them selves to Saturday, it must be a part time job for one person

I just noticed that we have a mew member on the forum - QuickMow.

Welcome

You woudln't be the same QuickMow we've been chatting about would you ?

grasshopper

$55 bucks and to take the clippings is another $4 !!unless the customer requests it, I always take the clippings? so it's $59 if you do it right....pretty pricey. Too many variables in the pricingIMO. What the customer constitutes light, will probably be jungle job. The blonde MILF in the slideshow is hot though...good work there!!!

robbie

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    The blonde MILF in the slideshow is hot
    no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    The blonde MILF in the slideshow is hot though...good work there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robbie
    no doubt!

man you guys are sick lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast