Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quickbooks

Hybrid View

Default Quickbooks

Hi Guys and Girls,

Installed the free version of quickbooks last night.

Entered all my "sales receipts" in for the month. But I cant work out how to mark them as paid or un paid?

Any help would be great.

Ben

Default Re: Quickbooks

its a great programe ive found , when u bring up the navigator you should have received payments , click that and enter the client name and enter the amount paid....also it will show u a report for who owes you what...
    u can make a template up for doing invoices that make u look good as well and ive found bas for the tax is so easy , one click and u have your figures for the bas staments

Just got quickbooks today and i am busy entering the last 8 months of transactions that I have been keeping track of on excel spreadsheets.

I am really impressed with how easy it to use and the reports are great.

Thanks guys. Didn't have it setup right. Now its all working great

Accounting/quickbook question I will be seeing a accountant in a couple of weeks once I have every thing entered , I was just wondering what others do when it comes to lawn mowers trimmers ect.

Do you enter it as a expense or a fixed asset.

Excuse my accounting ignorance if it is entered as a fixed asset should it appear on the profit and loss statement.

Thanks

Excuse my ignorance...

But I thought you guys that were using quickbooks or myob software (that you have to pay a lot of money for) were doing your own tax returns.

Do you get a discount from your accountant for using one of these programs?

I just give my accountant spreadsheets of what I have done and he sorts all the technicalities and complicated tax stuff out, which is what I pay him for.

Am I missing something?

Please let me know how you got the free version it would be a big help

Many thanks B and J Mowing Bundaberg

firth_robert@yahoo.com.au

You can get a full working trial version from dick smiths, harvey norman ect , It cost 10 bucks and is only valid for three months if you upgrade to a full version starting from about $125.00 the 10 bucks is refunded to you if you send away for it.

Is anyone having a problem with emailing invoices via Quickbooks. I get a problem with two customers who never receive the attached PDF even though it has been sent from my end Ok.

If I forward the sent email to them they get it. It's really weird. It only occurs when I do a batch send.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

funny you say that me too , i have the latest version and i do too.... i now scan the invoice and then send it...stupid way to do it.... must be some thing we can do..i have though on occasions done it thats send it from the quickbooks but not often....i contacted the call center ..bloody india of course and well had to hang up couldnt understand the mother so maybe someone has an answer

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Hi Bluey and Geoff, I too use Quickbooks, and send out invoices by email where possible,and also have latest update. I don't batch send them though- i wonder if there in lies the problem-
    Just a thought

Check Quickbooks updates. There was an email patch that was only meant for systems using latest office and/or Vista (I think!)
    A later update fixed the email stuffup the previous patch caused.
    If you can't access update 'cos your subscription ran out, send me an email (and which version/year you got.)

I still sometime get customers who can't open their attachments. I suspect this is 1. Their email server blocked it, or 2. They need to update Acrobat Reader
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Hi David

Thanks mate I will check it out. I had thought of the issue of them not having Adobe but this is that they just don't ever get it. I will see what the updates do. The really weird thing is that it only occurs for 2 clients. The others get it fine
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Wonder if anybody can help with my QBO problem.
    I updated my bank feed recently, and it has missed about 2 weeks of transactions in August. Tried several times, but it won't retrieve them.
    So I downloaded the transactions from the missing period only, and saved the file as a .csv and also as a .ofx file. Then tried to upload the file into QBO.

When I try to upload the .csv file, it tells me that it's an invalid file format.
    When I try to upload the .ofx file, it tells me that the file has invalid date or time information. I've rechecked the dates several times and they are correct for the period I am trying to upload.

Is there any way I might be able to manually enter the transactions? There's only 15 transactions but I've wasted many hours on this already.

Tried doing this in 3 different browsers with the same results.
    Any ideas much appreciated.

Im having a meeting with my QB bookkeeper today. ill ask her.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Wonder if anybody can help with my QBO problem.
    I updated my bank feed recently, and it has missed about 2 weeks of transactions in August. Tried several times, but it won't retrieve them.
    So I downloaded the transactions from the missing period only, and saved the file as a .csv and also as a .ofx file. Then tried to upload the file into QBO.

When I try to upload the .csv file, it tells me that it's an invalid file format.
    When I try to upload the .ofx file, it tells me that the file has invalid date or time information. I've rechecked the dates several times and they are correct for the period I am trying to upload.

Is there any way I might be able to manually enter the transactions? There's only 15 transactions but I've wasted many hours on this already.

Tried doing this in 3 different browsers with the same results.
    Any ideas much appreciated.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast