Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best Invoicing Software for Lawnies

Default Best Invoicing Software for Lawnies

I have been trying to test out billing methods using either manual invoice books and outlook invoice emailing but I dont like using either.

What does other lawnies use?

I am currently using Invoice2go but someone else said saasu is great.

As our industry is unique compared to other businesses I was wondering what other contractors use to minimise admin time and get back on the road sooner?

Default Re: Best Invoicing Software for Lawnies

saasu is a great service, but so is quick-books and Xero.

Here's a lesser known web-based service - Reach-Accounting.
    Handles invoicing direct from within Reach (no Outlook required), can automate sending sms text reminder/overdue notices to clients, handles payroll, and is only $10/month guaranteed no price rises for next two years.

Is easy to use too!
    Handles GST recording and reporting.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

VJ
    We use Quicken for our records - to save time you can set up your regulars on an "estimate" list, then just call their estimate and convert it to an invoice by changing the dates and details. One-offs can just go in as an "invoice" straight up. The invoices can be sent as email attachments, so can save you postage as well.
    You mark them off as they get paid, so it can generate a list of unpaid invoices for you to follow up and it also calculates the total amount outstanding (sometimes a bit scarey and a good reminder of how much you need to chase people up to maintain your ca$h flow.
    The system looks after all your income and expenses so can do your BAS, P&L, etc as well. I'm not saying it's the best system out there, but it works well enough for us. I think you can get a trial version to test it out if you want.
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

I Quick Books takes awhile to get used but does all I need
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass View Post
    saasu is a great service, but so is quick-books and Xero.

Here's a lesser known web-based service - Reach-Accounting.
    Handles invoicing direct from within Reach (no Outlook required), can automate sending sms text reminder/overdue notices to clients, handles payroll, and is only $10/month guaranteed no price rises for next two years.

Is easy to use too!
    Handles GST recording and reporting.

I do like the look of it and the price is very good I use Quicken at the moment but I am converting to a "use anywhere" system with most of my documents etc now on Google doc's.

After building computers etc for years and running a support department I am a bit over windows and may get a Mac yet or even the new Google system so have everything browser based is very appealing.

Quickbooks, just make sure you set it up right from the start. They will send support if needed but it will cost you per hour but well worth it if you cant work it out yourself.

MYOB First Edge(Business Basics). Email invoices straight from it but do need Mail or Outlook. Thunderbird wont do it. Edit, Custom Invoices and Statements the way you want (easy once youve got your head around it).

From what Ive found, many of these Accounting programs arent set up for services, ie
    I want to input Date (of job) Description and Amount with a total at the bottom.
    Most are set up for selling goods, ie, Quantity, Description, Amount.

I invoice once at the EOM. If I mow a property 4 times, I want each time to have its own line with the date of that job. When I demo'd Xero, Sassu, MYOB Live, non would do that.

The thing I like about Quickbooks is the fact that I can invoice directly to customer via email . All my commercial customers are now set up this way and with direct depositing of money a heap of time is saved .

If you like QuickBooks, but working 'in the cloud; also appeals, then consider QuickBooks Online.
    Rather than software installed on your machine, you access it from any web browser anywhere.
    It's the Enterprise version of QB - with ALL the fruit.
    You have all the flexibility of the desktop version, but can email invoices and statements direct from within QB online - even without Outlook.

I learned to you memorized transactions to keep a schedule and plan returns on clients for next service.

Cost of QB online is about $275/year - but I can supply to INDI members $25 cheaper
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass View Post
    If you like QuickBooks, but working 'in the cloud; also appeals, then consider QuickBooks Online.
    Rather than software installed on your machine, you access it from any web browser anywhere.
    It's the Enterprise version of QB - with ALL the fruit.
    You have all the flexibility of the desktop version, but can email invoices and statements direct from within QB online - even without Outlook.

I learned to you memorized transactions to keep a schedule and plan returns on clients for next service.

Cost of QB online is about $275/year - but I can supply to INDI members $25 cheaper
    What would be the advantage of quickbooks over Reach-Accounting you have mentioned? as a cloud based service.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

myob live assist is what i use and its pretty good just waiting on them to get a smart phone option that way i can send the invoice before going to the next job.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I use ivioce2go also find it great can`t see why you would change?? ...have used quicken and quickbooks they are both good as well..but i now use invoice2go because I can ivoice on the go any where from my Iphone, emailed straight to the customer on the job..can`t beat that..
    Also if a customer comes to me on the job or by phone with a question about an invoice just whip it out and it`s there to be seen...
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    just whip it out and it`s there to be seen...

simo i am trailling invoice2go at the moment. seems pretty good at the moment.

glassngrass since your the man with the accounting know how. would you be able to look and compare saasu and invoice2go?

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

But it just sends inoice doesnt so you still need another program for all your other book work
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast