Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Quickbooks

Default Re: Quickbooks

thanks Bgs that deal seems great.....down to see gerry today let you know when i get it set up.....i think the hardest thing will be downloading the old info but should be ok

have fun it should be pretty straight forward. I hope

just got 08/09 qbooks accounting version so cool ...paid 250.00 got 50 bucks off from dick smith.....i said i bought a lap top last week off them,....

beware quick books 02 wont up grade to 08/09 so i had to download 07/08 then from there transfer to 09 and u know what i havent a clue in what i am doing...durin the process i lost 10 years of records but lucky my IT son inlaw got it back.... so now we are cooking...geez i think the pen and paper was the best when i first started 20 years ago......the shoe box with receipts always was a good laugh when i went to tax accountant

Please let me know how you got the free version it would be a big help

Many thanks B and J Mowing Bundaberg

firth_robert@yahoo.com.au

You can get a full working trial version from dick smiths, harvey norman ect , It cost 10 bucks and is only valid for three months if you upgrade to a full version starting from about $125.00 the 10 bucks is refunded to you if you send away for it.

Is anyone having a problem with emailing invoices via Quickbooks. I get a problem with two customers who never receive the attached PDF even though it has been sent from my end Ok.

If I forward the sent email to them they get it. It's really weird. It only occurs when I do a batch send.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

funny you say that me too , i have the latest version and i do too.... i now scan the invoice and then send it...stupid way to do it.... must be some thing we can do..i have though on occasions done it thats send it from the quickbooks but not often....i contacted the call center ..bloody india of course and well had to hang up couldnt understand the mother so maybe someone has an answer

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Hi Bluey and Geoff, I too use Quickbooks, and send out invoices by email where possible,and also have latest update. I don't batch send them though- i wonder if there in lies the problem-
    Just a thought

Check Quickbooks updates. There was an email patch that was only meant for systems using latest office and/or Vista (I think!)
    A later update fixed the email stuffup the previous patch caused.
    If you can't access update 'cos your subscription ran out, send me an email (and which version/year you got.)

I still sometime get customers who can't open their attachments. I suspect this is 1. Their email server blocked it, or 2. They need to update Acrobat Reader
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Hi David

Thanks mate I will check it out. I had thought of the issue of them not having Adobe but this is that they just don't ever get it. I will see what the updates do. The really weird thing is that it only occurs for 2 clients. The others get it fine
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSLC
    Hi Bluey and Geoff, I too use Quickbooks, and send out invoices by email where possible,and also have latest update. I don't batch send them though- i wonder if there in lies the problem-
    Just a thought
    I reckon you are right Simon. I only use the batch send because this is the only way I have found to alter the email. Any advice on that topic would be greatly appreciated.

Quickbooks is good but has draw backs. Like not being able to do a quote . This floors me that you cannot do this.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    I reckon you are right Simon. I only use the batch send because this is the only way I have found to alter the email. Any advice on that topic would be greatly appreciated.

Quickbooks is good but has draw backs. Like not being able to do a quote . This floors me that you cannot do this.
    1. The patch that undoes the email update allows you once again to edit an email before it is sent

2. To do a quote, try modifying an invoice template and rename/relabel it as Quotation.
    As you enter the quote, go to edit tab and mark invoice as pending (non posting). Now you can save/print/email your quote but values aren't assigned to any accounts.
    If you do get the job, change template back to your standard invoice, then go back to edit tab and mark invoice as final - ready to save/email/print!
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Hi David

...The really weird thing is that it only occurs for 2 clients. The others get it fine
    Me too! I suspect it has to do with their server - have they accidentally blacklisted you as a spammer?

With my two I just make sure I type the balance owing in the text of the email. Otherwise, a short email with basic details might surfice for your two.
    Last edited by administrator; 18-10-2008 at 06:20 AM.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass
    1. The patch that undoes the email update allows you once again to edit an email before it is sent

2. To do a quote, try modifying an invoice template and rename/relabel it as Quotation.
    As you enter the quote, go to edit tab and mark invoice as pending (non posting). Now you can save/print/email your quote but values aren't assigned to any accounts.
    If you do get the job, change template back to your standard invoice, then go back to edit tab and mark invoice as final - ready to save/email/print!
    David

The patch is for non Windows Vista OS. I am running Vista so will that cause a problem.? Good tip about the quote I will try that out.
    Cheers

Bluey

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast