Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Quickbooks

Default Re: Quickbooks

Whats everyone's feedback on QB. Personally I am thinking of ditching it as it constantly crashes and from what I have found out on the net this is not uncommon. Probably not worth the money I paid for it if it is going to keep on crashing out all the time.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

bluey i agrree i have the new version of 2009 spend ages trying to log in the it says error have to close down and try again and again.... the thing was i can network with the lap top so i can sit in the pregola and do the books whislt watching the barbie and the beer... but the qb earlier version was the best and i plan to use it again ..so i spent 300 plus on the new version and it didnt allow me to transfer info from the old version to the new and it wont allow u do down load on other putors....unless u pay

I agree its a ptice of ##it i used to use myob and it was better than Qb but my wife wanted Qb as her Friend said it was good i hate the ##cking Thing
    Regards Nev

I just have the basic 2008-2009 Quickbooks easystart and love it never gives me a drama. I like it so much I was thinking of upgrading but by your reports I am probably better off sticking with what i have got.

trust me the trial version doent represent the real version....it has good features like emailing invoices but u have to get patches and thingos to make it work .....i amd going back to old version which does the bas really great

mine is not a trial version it is a full version called easy start it sits below the accounting version and is designed for people who have not used Accounting software , It is pretty basic allows you to print invoices email invoices and statements everything is much the same as the accounting version you are just limited in the type of reports you can use it cost about $129.00

if it does bas and invoices plus a profit and loss and balance sheet statment thats cool at 129 wished i had that instead of my 300 buck plus

yeah it does all that and I actually got it for $99 with their $30 cash back and have had no dramas

I have easy start and it just keeps crashing. I am running it on Vista and i wonder if that is the problem. Try to run a report and time and time again....crash
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I just upgraded my Quickbooks in the last 2 weeks, i was running Quickbooks Lite 2003 which was brilliant. As i recently bought a new laptop i had to upgrade for Vista. I bought Quickbooks Plus 2008/09 and find it brilliant, it comes with payroll and everything. It has never crashed on me yet and i find it really quick and the reports are brilliant.

thats the secret matt the plus version is the one i bought the accounting version and although great for all that i need like automatically doing the bas and sending iy off its not that good with xp wheras the lap top doesnt have any problems thats with vista...so maybe its designed to run on vista...it has a good programe to network as i can have a beer in the pergola and have a beer at the same time using the laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    I have easy start and it just keeps crashing. I am running it on Vista and i wonder if that is the problem. Try to run a report and time and time again....crash

That may be it bluey i am using XP with out dramas, although matt using Vista with out drama either so

My old version wouldn't run on the new computer with Vista so i upgraded and honestly Quickbooks Plus 2008/09 runs perfectly on my new laptop with Vista.

Hey Bluey - perhaps you got a lot of stuff running in the background that are resource hungry- check you got plenty free memory.

Alternately, perhaps an updated driver (or other) is incompatible - perhaps re-installing your quickbooks might help
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass
    Hey Bluey - perhaps you got a lot of stuff running in the background that are resource hungry- check you got plenty free memory.

Alternately, perhaps an updated driver (or other) is incompatible - perhaps re-installing your quickbooks might help
    Already tried that and have heaps of memory. Have not reinstalled though. Quite frankly if I have to it downgrades my confidence in the product. QB markets itself as a very good product but if you read their forum there are lots of dissatisfied customers.

I will persevere with it but it is on notice. And their support sucks.
    Cheers

Bluey

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast