Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 372

Thread: Tip Fees Green Waste

  1. #16
    Senior Member chatza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chirnside Park
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Coldstream Recovery and Waste Transfer Centre Melbourne
    never spent over $15 for a ute load of greens

    Description Charge per tonne
    General waste (non-putrescible)
    includes bricks, concrete, rubble and dirt $95.00
    Commercial waste $105.00
    Green waste $75.00
    Recyclable Free
    Car bodies, car parts, oil (up to 20 litres).
    Car batteries, steel,
    paper and cardboard No charge
    Minimum fee $5.00


    Mixed loads Charge per tonne
    75% waste & 25% green $90.00
    50% waste & 50% green $85.00
    25% waste & 75% green $80.00
    75% waste & 25% recyclable $76.00
    50% waste & 50% recyclable $57.00
    25% waste & 75% recyclable $38.00
    Gas bottles up to 9kg $6.00

    Tyres per unit
    Car tyres $5.00
    Small truck tyres $10.00
    Other tyres Price on application determined by tyre recyclers' price list

  2. #17
    Member courty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld
    Posts
    2,347

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by lethal View Post
    Yeah they are good at suntown, I am rarely down at reedy creek, cant stander the wxxkers at molendiner, never get to tugun.
    As I live on the northern end of the coast(coomera area) I use the stapylton tip most of the time.
    Must be happy friday at Suntown,full load today with no charge
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

    http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

  3. #18
    Senior Member 63impala's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,063

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Is that the one at Arundal.....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

  4. #19
    Member courty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld
    Posts
    2,347

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Is that the one at Arundal.....
    That be the one

    Link added http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...ad.php?p=14969
    Last edited by administrator; 11-06-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Admin added link
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

    http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

  5. #20
    Senior Member 63impala's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,063

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    The take mixed wastes which is sweet the tip at molindiner only takes greens which sux...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

  6. #21
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    I got a letter from the company that picks up my bins ( private bins not council )that says the state goverment (vic), through the department of sustainability and environment have increased the waste and environment landfill levy by 100% from July 1st 2010 with another 33% to follow next year.

    My bin collection company has now put there price up 20% on the back of this.

    You would think places like enviromix ( green waste tip here in Vic ) would be excempt from this, but who knows will be interesting to see if any of the tips hike there fees.

  7. #22
    Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cranbourne vic
    Posts
    2,680

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    I got a letter from the company that picks up my bins ( private bins not council )that says the state goverment (vic), through the department of sustainability and environment have increased the waste and environment landfill levy by 100% from July 1st 2010 with another 33% to follow next year.

    My bin collection company has now put there price up 20% on the back of this.

    You would think places like enviromix ( green waste tip here in Vic ) would be excempt from this, but who knows will be interesting to see if any of the tips hike there fees.
    I'd say the tips will Scoob. I got a letter fromm jjs aswell. Actually thinking about sending their bins back as they are getting pretty exy. But they do come in handy for jobs where I have to take the clippings. I hate having to bag clippings. Much easier to tip straight into my bins.

  8. #23
    MEMBER Fred's mowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bayside melb
    Posts
    3,212

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    I got a letter from the company that picks up my bins ( private bins not council )that says the state goverment (vic), through the department of sustainability and environment have increased the waste and environment landfill levy by 100% from July 1st 2010 with another 33% to follow next year.

    My bin collection company has now put there price up 20% on the back of this.

    You would think places like enviromix ( green waste tip here in Vic ) would be excempt from this, but who knows will be interesting to see if any of the tips hike there fees.
    Went to Enviromix today, handed a letter, price from July 1st up 33%. From $12/m to $18/m
    Cheers Dean.

  9. #24
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Told ya it was coming. But really they shouldn't be charged so maybe they are taking us for a ride. They mulch there stuff its not put into landfill so why should they be hit with the slug. This is whats hard about this business where do you think we would end up if we increased our prices by 33%. Happens every year prices from our suppliers increasing by 10% plus. I'm lucky if i get 3.5% a year increase. Commercial not so bad but domestics hate increases and there is always some cheap bugger mowing right next door sniffing around.

  10. #25
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    What are they putting 2 cubic metres up too do you know. Not $36 surely.

  11. #26
    Member Andy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mount Waverley, VIC
    Posts
    2,863

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Told ya it was coming. But really they shouldn't be charged so maybe they are taking us for a ride. They mulch there stuff its not put into landfill so why should they be hit with the slug. This is whats hard about this business where do you think we would end up if we increased our prices by 33%. Happens every year prices from our suppliers increasing by 10% plus. I'm lucky if i get 3.5% a year increase. Commercial not so bad but domestics hate increases and there is always some cheap bugger mowing right next door sniffing around.
    Put the waste fee portion up by 33% rather than the whole quote.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Put the waste fee portion up by 33% rather than the whole quote.
    Could do that Andy. Not a big deal for clean-ups you just add it to the tip fee, but i was thinking more along the lines of the regs which i do alot of. Some of my Commercial clients are in industries that are already feeling the pinch financially so i'd be reluctant to push the rise too far. Its always a juggling act to strike the right balance between getting enough in to cover the rise and not pushing the customer to a point where they start getting in quotes looking for a cheaper option.

  13. #28
    MEMBER Fred's mowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bayside melb
    Posts
    3,212

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    What are they putting 2 cubic metres up too do you know. Not $36 surely.
    Yep, 2x$18=$36.
    Cheers Dean.

  14. #29
    Member Andy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mount Waverley, VIC
    Posts
    2,863

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Yeah, sorry scoobie, sometimes I forget how small my business is. I'm lucky because of the scale I can get rid of all the clippings I collect one way or the other.

  15. #30
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Tip Fees Green Waste

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves View Post
    Yep, 2x$18=$36.
    Cheers Dean.
    You sure thats what they'll charge for 2 cubic metres, thats a $12 increase i wonder what Clayton tip will go to, $55 maybe.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •