Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customer Loyalty Club...

lifestyle

Question Customer Loyalty Club...

Does anyone offer a customer loyalty reward to their customers, such as a half price cut etc,

What is the best way of managing this type of system...

- Accumulate $500 in services and get a free cut ?

- Points system - 2 points for a regular cut, 5 points during Winter etc, 100 points = Gift Card from Jims Mowing etc

what would be the best way to implement this type of system ?

Default Re: Customer Loyalty Club...

It seems like a good idea, but I would expect that most people are a bit sus of it, Kinda like Flybuys and frequent flyers! I would rather give the customer good service and great value for money without the financial padding for a rewards program. If your going to give to reward for loyalty I would give freely and without strings or expectations...just a thought.
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

our approach on anniversary dates of service to well priced clients i.e that meet the $1 minute critera,provide add on business and stay with us for a year, after they accept a yearly price increase in spring will be some kind of loyalty gift/or voucher.margins are on the mowing side are low,but the adds ons can provide more margin for maybe a free service to some value,a pot plant,tree,gift basket.

Quote Originally Posted by tree beard
    It seems like a good idea, but I would expect that most people are a bit sus of it, Kinda like Flybuys and frequent flyers! I would rather give the customer good service and great value for money without the financial padding for a rewards program. If your going to give to reward for loyalty I would give freely and without strings or expectations...just a thought.
    Well said Tree Beard. For my good clients I'll do little extras for knix. You know trim an overgrown shrub etc. Depending on the customer if they ask, "How much extra to weed that small garden bed, or trim that lemon tree for me I more times than not do it for free. I know I could charge $20 or $30 bucks but it keeps the "good" customer happy and when approched by competition keeps me as their contractor. Others however different story. You all know the ones I mean.....
    Point is I believe those little extras mean alot without the strings attatched as you say tree beard, and when their at bingo or lawn bowls etc they talk about this stuff. I have gotten more work thru the mouths of my oldies recomendations than any other source (including advertising).

When youre doing a job its business charge for everything because its your time the customer understands .

If u do something for free make sure it doent take up earning time

Great to give something back, maybe by a plant that the customer likes or a small gift and yes u can claim these as advertising just make sure with your accountant .

Good Lawnies have enough trouble with knocking back work once there on the road , its hard to say no but you have to there is only a certain amount of hours in a week .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    When youre doing a job its business charge for everything because its your time the customer understands .

If u do something for free make sure it doent take up earning time

Great to give something back, maybe by a plant that the customer likes or a small gift and yes u can claim these as advertising just make sure with your accountant .

Good Lawnies have enough trouble with knocking back work once there on the road , its hard to say no but you have to there is only a certain amount of hours in a week .
    Yeah, that was my thoughts exactly.

I could claim a $20 gift card for example as a promotional expense. But i'm not sure how i would claim a free hours work ?

a free promotional service i.e free first cut on mowing lawns can be claimed as a promotional expense,check with ones accountant.

cut to the chase boys just do it the simple way and do the very best mow/gardening job u can...cut the crap and do'' just do
    business is simple you do the very best every time at the hourly rate job rate u require...... customers expect that

cut grass mate............who you chassing again.....its simple,right..
    ignore and have a snoore,you need it.

ah well geejay mate..... u have to do what you do ..do it well and thats ging mewhat we do no time to snooze but mow and make some bucks. maybe u should concentrate on mowing rather than slagging me

past dodos time............a good sleep will help heaps.

geejay i dont know what u are on but i am on here to learn and make comment ... i dont need dickheads like u to slag all the comments i have ... u must be one hell of contractor with heaps of experience but after 20 years i am stll learning

lifestyle

With fuel prices rising the way they are I think ALL businesses (especially those who consume a large amount of fuel) could be offering fuel based rewards to customers...

"...$500 in accumulated services = $50 fuel gift card..." (example figures).

If you lighten a customers financial load by offering a "Tax deductable" incentive for their loyalty to your business, they will talk.

And something like this is a heck of a lot more rewarding than 4c off at Woolworths...

Offering a free hour or so is ok, but it devalues your work and leads to customers saying, "He/She might do it for you for free", instead of "He/She is well priced and if you stick with them you'll get a free fuel gift card".

lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by geejay
    a free promotional service i.e free first cut on mowing lawns can be claimed as a promotional expense,check with ones accountant.
    Yeah, I remembered after i posted, i made a few similar claims last year, but i couldn't edit it my previous post.

Hi All

I agree that customer loyalty is essential to our business. It is core!

Generally it comes from honesty reliability and trust. these dont have a value they are a perception you must perpetuate.

Some of the offers that have been proffered on this thread so far are really quite generous. Think about it big business offers to buy your loyalty at about a 4cent discount if you spend at least $50 with them and then you have to buy other products from them to get this discount and does it really work! I dont believe you can buy true customer loyalty and if you engage in these programs you are rewarding some one for their past loyalty. So give your profits away freely...

You are only as good as your next mistake!

Take a leaf out of big businesses book and offer plants seedlings mulch, or any item that you can get wholesale, at a discounted price.i.e they get what they might like at a loyalty rate you get to plant mulch maintain into the future. More bucks for you, customer feels rewarded= win win!

I know it wont work in every case but might be a little food for thought!
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast