Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hippies Holiday!

mick

Thanks Eb, It really was a strange..... thing! I think it was because the water level was so low that it exposed all these cool looking creek thingies!

There was a show on tele the other night about the 7 wonders of the industrial world. That episode was about the Hoover Dam and how heaps of people died etc. The company who made it had to build a little town for the worker and there families. Now I'm not 100% sure but this could be it. Looked like there were people still living there but cant be sure. We think our drought is bad..........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tonyr

Nice pics Mick!

Like you said, we reckon our droughts are bad!

Tell me, how did you get soo many pics taken, like how did you get around the battery isues with draining so fast, and how did you store so many shots, a memory card thingy?

I'm still trying to get into this century..

mick

Tony, I used a 156mb card mate. Stored 433 pics including a couple of little videos on it. Still had about 20 free shots unused. I didn't use the biggest setting (pic size) on the camera either. Just a waste of space. I used a Super fine(high quality), medium size setting which is ample. The large size setting is really any good if I wanted to blow a pic up into something like a poster. The setting I had it on is even too big for my 17" monitor!

I was stressing about recharging the camera but when we got there, I was lucky enough to just be able to use an adapter. No worries with voltage! fewww! I had to recharge every few days so that was really lucky!

Tonyr

Thanks mate, wow, you had a win there!

My batteries wear down soo fast, lucky to get 30 pics!

1 x 30 sec video will flatten a fresh set completly.

Clever things these digis...

I thought you tansferred the pics into this storer thing with then you upload, fuji has one for mine, probably works out best to do what you did though.

did it feel a bit weird knowing you were in another country on the other side of the world?

Is it generally a lot more crowded over there than here (Gold Coast?)

Our girls would be hotter though eh?

mick

With the batteries, I tryed to not muck around too much like viewing them on the little screen. That sucks juice for sure. I cant really tell how many I got out of a charge, probably 40-50 I'd say.
    Yeah, was really lucky about the power. I tryed to find a converter before I went but couldn't find one. The power adapter on the camera covered both voltages. I also took my mobile which was also ok to charge.

Loading to the PC. I just plug the camera in and Windows XP does the rest pretty much. Too easy! I got other programs with the camera and have used them but XP is heaps easier/faster. Loading onto the PC drains the power from the batteries as well I think.

Feel weired over there! Nah, no problem. At least they "kinda" spoke English! hehe It was alot like here on the Goldie really, in the cities anyway. Maui was probably the slowest, most easy going place. It reminded me of Byro Bay or a 1st world Bali! If you know what I mean. Was good to be over there and not have to think about anything back here, it was all out of my control!

Crowds, The most crowded place was Waikiki. It was the start of there summer holidays and we were the for the 4th of July fireworks etc. Good show it was too! Best I'd ever seen! The rest was pretty good really!

I think our girls are hot but there seemed to be alot "more" hot girls over there. The ones in the pics I posted were only a very small fraction of the ones I saw. The ones I met were very nice people as well. I only ran into 1 *****, I was in the pool and my kid and I accidentally splashed her. She had a whinge and I got up her. That was that!

Ebony

Oh i do love that about XP. With our cam we have all the software of course, but XP just picks it up and goes off on it's merry little way, who needs manufacturer's software anymore.

lol @ kinda spoke english

Mick I think it has a lot to do with the population difference (there being more hot chicks over there), just a thought

Tony, you got the right idea lol, don't listen to Mick.

Actually some recent picks of you mick, yea i can see where Odin was coming from when he once said he wouldn't mess with you.

Ebony

mick

I like XP. I have XP PRO. Dont know what the difference is just works................ until I screw something up!

When we first got there, there was a middle aged lady who was, um,(not sure if she was yelling or not) talking. Have you ever seen the movie, Mars Attacks? She sounded like the martian. "NYAK NYAK NYAK NYAK!" or something like that. Very funny! My kid loved my version of it!

We have to build up our population so we have as many hot girls! Any takers..... Eb? hehe (sorry, I always pick on you for that stuff dont I. Must of been then pics!)

Mess with me? Hmmm, I'm a bloody softy ex or partial hippy! Photos dont always tell the whole story! People in pubs dont bump into me as much any more though! Which is good!

Easycareacres

Mic you cant take Eb, shes in child mate. Twins infact, ones mine lol

Tonyr

Thanks Mick!

All I can say is, "you guys and guy-ette are just a bunch of wackas!"

Never drank before I got mixed up with indy chick and her mad mates!

Easycareacres

Im sober tonight just hidding from Eb

Ebony

I didn't do nuthin!

I am always the innocent who gets picked on lol

Tonyr

oh yeah, ha, ha, you innocent...crikey, we aren't silly ya know...not all the time anyway, not sure about Russ though, LOL!

oh Eb, you are a worry mate!

still reckon you should have '' Tony's Toro rules'' on the back of ya shirts! he, he.

mick

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr
    still reckon you should have '' Tony's Toro rules'' on the back of ya shirts! he, he.
    Er, mate! That would be lying! hehe

Just thought of a slogan....
    "Grass, Kick the habit @ Property Care Forum" dont know why I thought of that then! Must be having with drawals!

Topcat

Mick

Some great pics mate...

mick

Thanks mate! Was a good trip for sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234