Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do not buy Baumr-AG 22" Bar chainsaw from agr machinery!

Default Re: do not buy Baumr-AG 22" Bar chainsaw from agr machinery!

G’day,

Your in W.A don’t you knuckleheads use cylinder mowers anyway lol

I too looked at these before buying a 216 and was given the same feedback as you and advised to stay away, they look similar and $400 difference is a good saving if you were buying the same mower but it is just a cheap knock off.

The way I looked at it was it worth risking buying a machine from a company you can’t speak to that has a bad rep for customer service and quality and risk potential down time to save $400.

having already owned a 196 Honda I was very happy with reliability and performance and I decided that a commercial warranty easily assessable parts and a proven reliable mower was worth spending the extra considering how much work it will do

The Honda 21 inch as I mentioned cost me $1300.00, Buying 2 you might be able to negotiate a further discount make sure you tell the dealer you are a contractor as they usually will do you a deal.

Also do you need 2 maybe you could just get 1 or get a 196 as your second mower you can get them for just under $900.00

All the best with your new business

I agree with admin if you can not deal with someone in person do not buy off them. I will never buy off Ebay or an other mob other than Dean and the crew as I have dealt with them and know they are geniune. You may pay an extra $300 for the mower if you go thru' a dealer but it is well worth it.

Suppose you buy a mower for $900 from web site

A- you do not get it = Loose $900

B- It packs up unable to get warranty = Loose $900

I keep saying to the wife if you keep buying junk from junk stores eg
    crazy c ( ok for kids toys to destroy not for over 2yr olds )
    you will end up paying twice as much for it as it will pack up very quickly, best pay for quality from reputable people.

BUY IT ONCE NOT 2 or 3 TIMES

DO NOT JEOPARDISE YOURSELF IT IS A MOJOR DECISIION TO ENTER A BUSINESS DO IT RIGHT DEAL WITH REPUTABLE PEOPLE DO NOT DO DEALS OVER THE WEB TOO MANY FRAUDS OUT THERE.

REGARDS
    gjs

TruCut

Hi all

Yes I do understand what you’re all saying about buying rubbish, but I have to say that not everything on eBay is rubbish. I have purchase quite a bit of gear and 99% has been good. Just recently I purchased a heap of Hunter Gear drive sprinklers they turned up the other day for me to use on a job and I paid nowhere near the retail price for them……. But again I do understand what you’re saying.

I have made some calls here in WA and the best price I can get is $1250 for the Honda, so it looks like that is what I will do seeing you guys are saying it’s the best way to go, and I also see where your all coming from.I only made mention of the dollars I’m saving….. or could save, because with all the gear I have had to purchase in the past month, the money I can save helps.

I not only do lawns and gardens but I tree loop, and stump grind as well, and when you have to purchase that gear as well as all new brush cutters chain saws blowers/vac and transport to move it all…. The bank account starts to look a little sad, and the Minister for finances (the partner) sees it going out and not coming in at the same rate, she starts to get a little over-sensitive, and I can assure all of you who read this… you can buy as many boxes of Ferrero Roche as you won’t for her, but always remember they won’t last forever

Cheers

Shepo

For 150 bucks including postage who really can complain???

Agree with you Trucut not all stuff on ebay is crap but when it comes to engines for commercial contarctors you cant afford any trouble with equipment there is nothing more frustrating than pulling the cord ten times to get it started you want to pull it once and away it goes nice and smooth .

Domestic consumers yes no problems they have the time to fuff around with it not people earning a living from them .

Machinery does 95 percent of the work they are the workers you employ in a way and have to be treated with respect keep well fed and well maintained otherwise will cost you lots of dollars in time .
    Time is money .

Quality gear gives you quality time quality times gives you quality lifestyle .

Initial price for great gear saves hundreds if not thousands down the line .

When you buy an asset especially if it creates money every day is money well worth the expenditure

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Very Helpful Member

also don't forget rudd's stimulus pack where if you have capital expenditure on a single item over $1000 you can claim an extra 30% this year
    so $900 + no extra claim = $900
    $1300 - extra 30% claim = $910
    i know which one i would buy
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruCut
    Does anyone have a contact number for these guys ? I have been looking at the Honda 21 inch but I cant seem to get a number to have a chat about the warranty. I have read some of what you guys have said about AGR, if the Honda is that bad how come they have not been shut down, and I'm sure Honda would not be to happy about their product being badly promoted.

What is the best goping price around the place for a Honda 21 inch ?

Cheers
    i paid 1355 for a 216 self propeled the ones on ebay look like a good deal

No way Budd Re: do not buy Baumr-AG 22" Bar chainsaw from agr machinery!

I bought 2 of their chainsaws, both lasted about 5hrs work each. Parts break and other parts which I might add are supposed to hold the thing together just fall out. There is no back up from these people.
    I also purchased a mig welder before I had the problems on the saws. It arrived in a damaged carton and on opening it I found parts broken. Emailed them through ebay at least 10 times only to get the run around.
    There's a reason you can only buy this junk of ebay and that's because that's the only place people selling junk don't have to face angry customers of which I would suggest there is far more than happy ones.
    You might ask why they have good feed back on ebay (not from me I gave them the feedback they deserve) The answer is that when you get your product delivered they send you a note asking to leave good feed back and they will extend the warranty. (What warranty) Obviously people jump at the offer before they use the products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12