Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: The annual MOWATHON????

Default The annual MOWATHON????

Hi all

This is probly the right place to bring my idea forward. For the last few years I have wanted to do something for charity. I want to start a yearly event that would be a 'mowathon'. It would be a day of unpaid work but would make alot for a worthy charity. My pick is the royal childrens hospital and I would love to have lawns mowed all over australia on a certain day for an agreed price that was donated. Imagine 100 indy's mowing 10 lawns each for $50 all over the country and then that $50000 oversized cheque being presented during the good friday appeal.

I am looking into it at the moment but any help in get something set up would be great.

I want to get an idea of how many of you would be interested in being involved in something like this. It would be great for our industry and would probly get people thinking more about using indy's.

Cheers Rick

Default Re: The annual MOWATHON????

Good idea Holden head. Count me in. It would work nicely if all who participated had their local rag do a small peice on it also...free advertising, well for the cost of a days work anyway, and certainly there's no better cause.
    As a further idea it would be awsome to get some sort of profesional flyer or something made up with the Indy logo splashed all over it. In this town for eg I'd drop them all over the place to hopefully get people to participate that I dont already service...may pick up some extra work out of it while doing some good.

count me in for Royal Childreans hospital Melbourne.

if you need help let me know.......

great idea,but,has it become the nowearthon??????????????????

gotta have action to make things happen..............................

Hi, I've been looking at this for quite a while. I have a friend of mine who is a graphic artist working setting up some art for the flyers and she should be able to get trade price printing. I also have a guy who when he gets some time is going to help with a web page. I have checked out a few potential sponsors who would help with setting things up as a proper organisation if we get enough interest from you guys.

If we can get enough help from contractors around the country it could be a huge thing and would help all of us. If it got big enough and we raised say $50000 ind mowing could begin to be the first thing people think about when they need work done instead of the bearded man. You may not need extra work and it may not directly benefit you but it would make a difference to our industry. I'm sure you would get a customer or 2 out of it as well.

Could I ask if I could get a vote from anyone who looks at this post just to see if there is enough interest. There is plenty of time to get it up and running for next year but we should act now.

We can set dates and all that stuff up when we know if it's a go or not.

Cheers Rick

I'll assume by the lack of voting that no ones up for it Come on!!! Lets do it before the busy season. Vote people vote!!