Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blades

Easycareacres

Thumbs up Blades

Well been searching again on blade issue and come back to A.S.P as they are value for money.
    They will from now have my blade orders. So cheap from everywhere ive been going, and wow they deal with almost all brands. There blades are mostly for slashers, and bigger ride ons I think.
    Im saving bucks here at discount prices.
    Ive had certain brands that buckle, brands so over priced as to many middle men taking a mark up.
    About time some of us get a fair deal as so many parts at silly prices in certain shops, "not you indi" love your prices also.
    Heres one of the guys who helped me out, give him a email see if any help aaron@asproducts.com.au
    cheers Russell.

Alex Callaghan

I can vouch for that. Too right Russ!

"All Steel Products" make a bloody good blade and at the right price!

I buy the contractors packs with 25 in there. Good value and quality.

50+/- to rockwell hardness and I find them easier (dunno why ) to put a fresh edge on with the grinder.

They do blades for tractor mowers and 21'' too.

Ebony

Actually just opened up a package from ASP today, made me smile as the letter had "Good morning" written on it hehe. I am guessing it was morning when they wrote it hehe

Yea ASP have good prices, certain aussie suppliers don't like them either which I love even more

ASP is one of our suppliers and we are happy with their blades so far.

I do believe all blade manufacturers in Aus are in QLD. Could be wrong tho (hard to believe i know)

Ebony

skyliner31ette

Default Re: A.s.p

Just a quick correction. ASP stands for "Alloy & Stainless Products" not " All Steel Products". Fairly soon they will have an online catalogue. www.asproducts.com.au.

Online catalogue is currently under construction and will be up and running soon.

I think the reason why other Australian suppliers dont like ASP much is because they sell direct to the contractor, cutting out the middle man and saving the contractor heaps of dollars. The blades they manufacture are of a Boron steel which are much harder whilst not being brittle providing longer wear life. They are a excellent blade for the money you pay.

Ebony

Welcome to the forum, great to hear from you Skyliner

Very nice advert there too .

Actually ASP also sell wholesale and the middle man (being us) is selling cheaper to our members then ASP

All manufacturer's need distributors, every avenue a manufacturer can take advantage of adds to their turnover.

It's called healthy competition and I love it!

I am sure ASP are more then welcome to become sponsors of this forum and receive the advertising on thsi site as a result. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing an ASP section to the forum under sponsors, where the end user can ask questions, give suggestions (like with the 61' Blade problem easycare had) and ASP could advertise with feature products and so on. Just a thought!

Take care all

Ebony

Easycareacres

yeehaa wlcome skyliner, sounds like a nissan lol.

skyliner31ette

Default Nissan

The only decent vehicle manufacturer. They wont let them compete in the touring cars because there to fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easycareacres

Talking

very true i was godzillas fan then too. boring now only 2 makes. but the best one wins lol falcon all the way.

mick

I have a couple of points on ASP.
    Firstly, the blades I were using were made in Spain! Secondly, I've been ordering blades from them for quite a while and they were the wrong blades for my deck! Point is, I asked for blades for my deck, gave them part numbers etc and I trusted them to send me the correct blades. Turns out they were about 5 or so mil shorter on each end and the whole in the center was about a mil larger than the correct blades. This meant I was leaving lines of clippings behind and if I wasn't lucky, the blade was heavy on 1 end which made it unbalanced.
    I'm really not happy about that. They sent me blades for a 54" deck, not my 54" deck.

The blades themselves were great, loved them for keeping there edge etc and not to mention the prices were excellent. They just sent me the WRONG blades! If they can rectify it, I would gladly use them again!

I haven't got around to telling them all this yet, I hope someone from ASP reads this.

Easycareacres

good point mic I had same prob but they have rectified my prob so wow, happy again as love there prices.

skyliner31ette

Default Nissan

If it was out of Holden and Ford, I would definately pick a Ford. Those xr6 turbos go like stink. My old man has just ordered a new FPV GTP, cant wait to take it for a strap!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry

Nissan and Ford, I can see there is no intelligent people in this forum. lmao

skyliner31ette

Thats a bit rich coming from a hyundia driver

Alex Callaghan

Talking

Nissan make crap vehicals.

Bloody series 2 3.0 TD for the Pootrols...............What a joke! If ya want a vehical that has an engine that blows up with 70k on the clock and then to be F##ked around with warentee get a Nissan!! What a bloody horrer story Nissan are.

Ford: I own a ford and can say that I'm bloody disapointed to say the least! Nothing but bloody trouble! It goes well when theres nothing wrong with it but those time are few and far between! I should have bought a Hilux! I'm never going to buy a ford again!

Toyota are proven preformers and when I went bush, right round the country not so long ago all the bushies drove Yotas. Saw a couple of coons driving Patrols with no doors etc (Aboriginal Air-con).

Some wanker down the rd pings his Skyline around the place. What a poof mobile! Blow off valves, twin turbo, Rap music etc. Bloody girls car! The guys a real shine-a.
    Give me a black HSV Maloo ute and 10k to spend on mods and it'd rip ****! ........Now thats a real mans car! Nun of these poof mobiles!

hahaha!!!

Go YOTA Go HSV

mick

So its Toyota or Holden then there Alex, ok, got cha! hehe

I thought you were into Kia!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast