Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toro super recycler

Default Re: Toro super recycler

Quote Originally Posted by tree beard

The sad thing is I have a 2 decade old $300 dollar job that is not suitable for work but is domestic quality and still runs and I have definatly abused it!
    Everybodys got one of them, they were built to last in those days, now they last up until the moment you use it

Hi All

The director got back to me today a little late but he does win my vote for effort and gives me confindence in my initial choice in him. It is still my opinion that the managers laid back attitude could be interprited as incompetence or genuine disintrest, but different strokes for different blokes and I am only a customer with 20 years sales experience what would I know?

I Have bought a pressure cleaner through another dealer today...thats the way the cookie crumbles. I vote with my dollars.

Interesting about the big Sthil brush cutter probably goes through 5 to 6 spools to my old beasty honda but I do use a heavier dual density cord on it...

attached for your edification

Hi Aaron

Thanks for your email, sorry for the delay I have been changing my email system.

I have taken your points & have spoken to the workshop at xxxxxx store & they have the parts under way. At the moment the two stores are independant of one another as far as their operating software. I am currently setting up a new terminal server at considerable cost to address this & hope to have it up & running in time for the busy months.

xxxxxxx is my Manager at xxxxxxxxxxxx.He cares about giving good service & both the guys on the counter are good under pressure & have a relaxed style in dealing with customers. This doesn't mean they are relaxed at getting your job finished! The guys at time of book in can not make any assurances as to what can be done until a job is assessed.

I would encourage you to talk to xxxxxx as he is the key person for you in these circumstances. He has had over xxxxxx years experience working for me. He may have a loan push mower? We could find one in xxxxxxx if required. I will be in store to arrange this at on Saturday.

I have instructed the workshop to repair your job asap & they have ordered a new deck for it. It is quite odd to see what has happened to your mower with so little use. Normally it would need to of been impacted to do this damage. If this is not the cause perhaps it was damaged in transit or was faulty. We have had no other problems with these so I hope that replacing the parts under goodwill without predjice including labour pleases you.

The part was ordered yesterday & I have asked the workshop to fit it asap. once it arrives.

Brushcutter nylon going through alot...This is a common problem for new lawnies & for most it is technique- You should be able to do a normal yard under a cartridge but if it is overgrown this would mean the consumption goes up.

There is a few things you can try-

1. Keep your distance- Use just the end of the cord to do the cutting, this will help minimise breakages (Is it breaking off around the eyelets).

2. If the going is real hard try a steel blade or perhaps a thicker nylon.

3.Soak your nylon in water the night before in a bucket of water (The nylon absorbs the moisture & this makes it more flexible.)

4. Use your trimmer at full revs.

I am pleased to read that you happy with the other equipment & I am here to help. I keep my promises, I would call you but it is early at the moment. Again xxxxx is the best man to handle any problem as I don't always know the circumstances of what is required etc.

Thanks AAron I hope this puts you at ease, I will be out all day today
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Toro super recycler i've seen them in bunnings too, i can't understand why you bought it after looking at the thing.

lifestyle

Is the Toro Stand on available in Australia yet ?

Hi all

The super recycler model that I have is not avaliable in the bunnings stores. I have seen those models as well and would not part with my money for them...

This one is more substantial and I thought robust (sigh!)

Will post a pic so you can be the judge...when I get it back...this week I hope!

I bought a Toro self propelled from Bunnings for a bit of a cheap self propelled, must be 18 months or so ago and never had a problem, apart from having only had to have the starter cord replaced around last Christmas, and that was done in 2 days at a dealership, plus they up the revs a bit.

Its due for new wheels on the front as they have worn down a bit and most probaly not getting as much traction as it could..

lifestyle

This is the beast i'd like to get my hands on...

http://www.toro.com/professional/lce...ro/videos.html

When you arrive at the page above, click the top link on the right hand side of the page to view the demo video.

They only have thoes in the US of A Semper Fi.

lifestyle

Thanks,

... i thought someone might have some grapevine info on them possible becoming available in AU...

Looks the same as any zero turn....I'd rather be sitting down.

lifestyle

Yeah, i don't know... looks like more obstacle control with the stand up. Would be interesting to give it a test drive.

It looks cool

a bit like angry Daleks take on grass!

Quote Originally Posted by cadase
    Toro super recycler i've seen them in bunnings too, i can't understand why you bought it after looking at the thing.
    Absolutely! This mower is a HOME OWNER MOWER! Pressed steel deck??? WTF were you thinking??? I'm surprised that the dealer helped you out at all mate, in fact I'm amazed that a dealer even stocked this mower. Toro have a perfectly good commercial grade mower, but this ain't it! There is absolutely no warranty for commercial use of this mower. I guess you didn't do your homework on this one dude!

Hi Kakegc

The model I have purchased doesnt have a pressed metal deck,its alloy (I dont think the front wheel would snap off the metal deck :snicker the model is rated and sold as a commercial unit (and even if it wasnt 5 lawns is not a suiteable working life for a resi mower in any case) and Toro is backing it as such and now doing the work in a very friendly manner. in fact I can collect it tomorrow morning. Sigh, they still love me....ish!

Perhaps if I had spent less and bought the bunnings front wheel drive model or the rear wheel drive one with the tap connector for cleaning your post would be more appropriate.

Should be able to post a pic of the model tomorrow so you know what I am talking about. Hope its the first and last problem with it. Will probably buy a back up mower now...just to be sure! Like the look of the world ones (my second choice)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12