Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda whipper snipper problem

Default Honda whipper snipper problem

I have a strange one with my Honda whipper snipper.

It runs quite happily for 20 minutes or so, than will slowly loose power. If I switch it off, and restart almost immidiately, it will run for another 10 to 20 minutes quite happily, before loosing power again. It doesnt actually stop, just slows right down !!!!!

Have had the Carby redone, new spark plug, this seemed to fix it for a week.

But now back to it's old tricks again. any anyone seen anything similiar.

Default Re: Honda whipper snipper problem

I have the same problem sometimes and I think it is vapour lock from the petrol tank so I vent the petrol tank and this seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Mowing
    I have the same problem sometimes and I think it is vapour lock from the petrol tank so I vent the petrol tank and this seems to work
    I'll give that a go, it also seems to be worse in cooler weather, but this is hard to just as that is what we have had lately.

we have had a similar problem with our c4 shindy m/t.it looks like ours is a airfilter problem in that in cool,thick moist air the filters are to dense,starving the engine of oxygen,shindy modified the filter system which has inproved it by 50%,not perfect but better.is your honda similar a c4 or 4 stroke?not enough oxygen can damage engines,reducing life.

be careful of using air snokels on mowers, they can reduce air flow, therfore oxygen to motor and reduce the life of engine.
    geejay

Red face Re: Honda whipper snipper problem

How long since you checked the fuel strainer in the tank? Could it be a bit blocked?
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

check and clean exhaust arrester.
    geejay

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass
    How long since you checked the fuel strainer in the tank? Could it be a bit blocked?
    Replaced it when the problem started, that was my first thought.

Strange it ran non stop yesterday, so couldnt try the venting solution, but also the weather was warm,

lifestyle

I had an old machine once (it was old and crappy but i think it was a mcCulloch), bought it second hand -my first straight shaft.. Any way, the plug lead used to get hot after 20 minutes running. I didn't know much about machines back then, i was only 17 at the time. But the guy who fixed it said it should have been fitted with a silicone lead. Any way, it lasted me nearly 18 months after that one service.

happy's

check valves most problay out of spec's also you should put a carby kit though carby and then see how it goes?? Also don't run
    poor fuel like e10 etc no good for samll engines cheers

Thumbs up Re: Honda whipper snipper problem

Had the same problem with my Honda , worked for 20 min and die wait for 5 min good for enother 20 min.
    Cleaned carb, replaced fuel priming bowl (small crack) replaced fuel lines & strainer still no good.
    The last time it started to die after 20 min i cracked the fuel cap a bit and it revved up , New $8 fuel cap later no problem.

Been cutting grass for seventeen years. Hondas not as good as use to be. The last honda brushcutter lasted 8 years but the current one needs replacing after 2 years

what sort of petrol are u using and is it a genuine Honda on a honda shaft or a Honda on a kazz shaft

Dont use premium unleaded petrol in your Hondas
    Last edited by administrator; 29-09-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Ok it hadnt played up since I created this thread, figured maybe the threat of an answer would fix it. Well today it started playing up, tried the fuel cap and no improvement.

The one thing is the moisture in the air, today is the first time in a while that I have used it when the air has being moist (rain today), last time it played up was during a heavy mist, so I think it is related in some way to the atmosperic conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1
    Ok it hadnt played up since I created this thread, figured maybe the threat of an answer would fix it. Well today it started playing up, tried the fuel cap and no improvement.

The one thing is the moisture in the air, today is the first time in a while that I have used it when the air has being moist (rain today), last time it played up was during a heavy mist, so I think it is related in some way to the atmosperic conditions.
    I had the same problem with my old Honda (lasted 2 1/2 years) like glassngrass I think you should pull out the petrol filter from the tank and clean it with meths or replace it - 5 minuite job.

I bought a UMK425U (Hond 4 Stroke) 6 months ago. It's allways started on the first pull until last week. It takes a good 5 - 9 pulls to get it going. Once it's warmed up / putting it into full throttle, it chokes itself.
    I gave it a service last week but still the same issues.New oil, cleaned the air filter and cleaned the spark plug. (didnt need renewal)
    Amyone know what's going on here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast