Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda 215 Side Discharge Grass Deflector

joff

Default Honda 215 Side Discharge Grass Deflector

Hi Members

Has anyone used one the above which I have been told, by my local dealer is available for around $114.

I have seen a deflector advert. for a HUR196 through ILMC but not for a 215.

Joff

Ebony

I really hope we are not talking about the same thing, side discharge chute similar to this one?

The HRU215 discharge chute is obviously different to that for the 195 (they mainly have a different hook) but we do have them, stock them and sell them for the same price.

If this is what you're talkin about Joff, perhaps if it was made out of silver one could justify such a price

Ebony

Got an idea, happen to have a honda 21" here and a side discharge chute to suit. So here's a pic of both, is this what you are refering to Joff. I could be totally off track, I am not sure.

Ebony
    Attached Images Attached Images

joff

Yes this is what I was looking for. The one my local dealer was talking about looks the same except black.

Not a large selling item. You would have to know it was available and ask for it.

Thanks for your help, will order one as it would be better than holding the back open with a rope.

Regards

Joff

Ebony

I forgot to mention that we sell them for $36.00 (Members Price)

Ebony

mick

I've used mine a couple of times on some long wet grass and it worked well. Doesn't throw like a ride on but, its not a ride on! Its good at mini slashing type stuff on yards that hadn't been done for ages. I used to tie up the shoot with rope but this is much better for sure! Wish it was black though! hehe

Ebony

lol, you can have it pink if you want Mr Hippy, I don't mind either way

mick

I'll send it back and you can have it powder coated in pink with black checkers for me. hmmmmm Very fast looking!

Easycareacres

I used to have a black hard plastic one years back for honda. Have a steel one now, but dont they make the plastic ones anymore ?

Pres Lawn

Indy's got everything isnt that right Ebony! and at the right price. Id like mine with racing stripes please.

Default Re: Honda 215 Side Discharge Grass Deflector

I have 216, recently purchased second hand, with a side dicharger, not worth a burnt pie as it falls off when you hit a bump. Either mulch or use a catcher

I have the indy one for the 196 and its awesome it has never fallen off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs
    I have the indy one for the 196 and its awesome it has never fallen off.
    This product {The one ninety six } is a left hand side discharge.
    Get the right hand side discharge model {The sixty nine one }, you will never have a fall off occasion.