Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: backpack sprayers

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

Default backpack sprayers

what kind of spray packs does everyone use. backpack and carry ones and how long have they lasted want to buy somthing thats not going to stuff up on me.

Default Re: backpack sprayers

I have a Shindiawa and a solo found the solo to better.

i have 3 x 7lt carry
    2 x 15 lt backpacks
    1 x 50lt elec
    1 x 100lt elec
    so it is all up to you
    []

Backpack ones make you look more profinal thats my opion.

Quote Originally Posted by TOO EASY YARD CARE
    what kind of spray packs does

everyone use. backpack and carry ones and how long have they lasted want to buy somthing thats not going to stuff up on me.

I had a Solo 425 that I've used ALOT over nearly 12 months and the guy I bought the business off had it for 3 before me...no dramas. Would still be going if I didn't run over it (see thread Brain Snap).
    I replaced it with the same.
    The thing to look into is weather it is a Piston type pump action or a diaphram...I'd go with the piston..same price and apparently more reliable

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    I had a Solo 425 that I've used ALOT over nearly 12 months and the guy I bought the business off had it for 3 before me...no dramas. Would still be going if I didn't run over it (see thread Brain Snap).
    The thing to look into is weather it is a Piston type pump action or a diaphram...I'd go with the piston..same price and apparently more reliable
    piston for us ,after use ,rinse out,2.2l clean water in,pump it up and spray,cleans insides,de presserise,2l water ready for adding chemical for next spray,vasilne seals and piston action ever month,clean nozzles out,to keep sprayer atomsing effectively.

one sprayer for herbicides,one seperate sprayer for insecticides,fungicids and foliar feeds
    geejay

Quote Originally Posted by haireyscarie
    i have 3 x 7lt carry
    2 x 15 lt backpacks
    1 x 50lt elec
    1 x 100lt elec
    so it is all up to you
    thates great you have so many but what about brands and how long have they lasted

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    so sound like solo is the way i should be looking thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by TOO EASY YARD CARE
    so sound like solo is the way i should be looking thanks for the info.
    solo is tops
    geejay

lifestyle

I just use a cheapie Hills Back Pack sprayer. Since i don't spray much (haven't used it for nearly 9 months).

I also use a few 2 litre packs (hand held) for spraying soap, neem oil etc for aphids and that sort of thing.

happy's

hey i use 2 15l suilvan back units thay are cheap and also you
    can buy parts for them there only like $57 plus i think so pretty cheap but good stuf cheers

Paul

Shindaiwa..Had one for 6yrs.It was stored and unused for 2 of those,but all the seals were still fine.Can be rebuilt like a machine.Doesnt hold pressure in the tank,so no leak problems,holds pressure in the hoses(Bridgestone hoses mean business) and the other chunky unit inside,but not the tank.prob why it cost me $200 odd dollars new.with a handful of different nozzles which ive lost.erm misplaced

Hi All

I tried the cheap option at my start up and got a couple of the cheap (and cost wise they really are) 5lt from the big 'B'.

in two months one had broken twice the other has been replaced once. Its good in that its a no questions asked replacement but I think I may have to dig deep and move out of the $9.00 price range every time I take them back I tend to pick up a little trinket that I just have to have so its getting expensive not to mention the Diesel, might try 2 more of those $50.00 backpacks. I pretty much use them on every job.

Has anyone tried the battery powered sprayers yet?
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Talking Re: backpack sprayers

15 Litre 'Buddy' from Mitre 10 cost me $25 bucks - with constant use lasted me three years (until I drove off with it resting on the wheel arch and smashed into a street pole!

Even comes with spray heads, mist heads and assorted spare parts AND a twin boom attatchment - great if you wanted to spray a whole lawn instead of just spot spraying.

Ok, it's not a SOLO, but it is a ripper for the price. If I could find another I'd get it again (and a spare)
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

I bought a cheap 15 Litre, $40.00 (Aqua I think), from Bunnings 2 years ago, and it is still going great. Thought I should get a second one, and they were still selling the same one, and it is terrible. They have reduced the price, and the quality has followed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast