Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lawns Hows it growing ?

Default Re: Hows it growing ?

It has been really dry here as well last week a few of my fortnightly jobs that I turned up to were not worth doing brown crunchy grass and a couple of calls telling me to hold off for a week it has let me catch up from taking three weeks holiday

We had some rain on Friday and its amazing to watch the brown grass turn green overnight, here we go again

dry as here in melbourne ne,water tanks will have to be toped up by carrier,not looking good,still busy on add ons,thankfully,diversafaction the key to surival here
    geejay

Been very hot and dry here until a storm a few nights back that gave us about 30mm, but we've since had two 40C days since then on top of a strong southerly last night so its all dried out again. A lot of my jobs are'nt worth cutting, its just brown grass where the clients dont water. Hopefully we get some showers tomorrow to at least get a bit of growth happening!

at least it is grass where you are from, mine is all weeds at the best of time , dandelions and paspallum is wat i cut this time of year

The grass here has gone from mud 4weeks ago didn`t want another drop of rain, Now it`s very dry and dusty there is just no in between these days..

well tomorrow to hit 33 degrees. will be a winter record for Brissie. no rain in sight & grass is going brown real quite. bring on those summer storms.

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    well tomorrow to hit 33 degrees. will be a winter record for Brissie. no rain in sight & grass is going brown real quite. bring on those summer storms.
    Your not wrong redback hardly any grass growth in the last 4 weeks it was like a summer day yesterday with out the storm in the afternoon, a little rain now would be nice.

I find the best way to get a client to go to fortnightly mows is charge extra for the three weekly or if already getting a good rate drop $5 off for the fortnightly, work it so it suits you best.

Rain, at last, here in Sydney! Time to do the invoices!

well in melbourne we are getting back normal rain fall figures , august was nearly normal so maybe we are going to get a tradtional spring , something i havent seen for over 10 years, looks like sept is going to be a wet one so to mow green lush grass is going to be something new for the beginners , even us oldies will have to crack up the old bones cant wait>>

Quote Originally Posted by lawngreen
    if the grass goes off early do you get any revivals during the summer period or do you get what we get down here ...dust on dust on dust

Quote Originally Posted by lawngreen
    Long overdue and they are saying it will hang around tomorrow too! It will kick everything into action and get the lawns going. Once people see what a difference a bit of rain makes, they might want to get an irrigation system put in

Brissie Friday - An early shower or two. Late thundery rain developing.

Saturday - Rain clearing early, afternoon shower

YIPEEEEEE!!!! about time.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    well in melbourne we are getting back normal rain fall figures , august was nearly normal so maybe we are going to get a tradtional spring , something i havent seen for over 10 years, looks like sept is going to be a wet one so to mow green lush grass is going to be something new for the beginners , even us oldies will have to crack up the old bones cant wait>>
    Don't know about something new geoff. I've got a couple of customers that have recycled water, there lawns are green and lush all year round. And yes I know what you mean,they are beautiful to mow. Wish they were all like that.

Brissie Friday - An early shower or two. Late thundery rain developing.

Saturday - Rain clearing early, afternoon shower

YIPEEEEEE!!!! about time.

Yippee indeed we need a kick start we didn't get much rain here on Monday still very dry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast