Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Glyphosate, Good for what ails you

Default Re: Glyphosate, Good for what ails you

just out of my own curiosity....since all herbicides are basically designed for broad acre agricultural use, and we just have the benefit of them being available, how would I go about steam weeding my 400ha before planting??

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    This feels a little too close for comfort!!!
    Not guilty your Honour
    His Worship (the Magistrate - cos they were the meanest): Floggings will continue until morale improves!

Even a lawnie should know that continual use of these herbicides see different weeds emerging if that is the only method used. Not to mention what it does to the soil.
    Maybe if we stopped acting like sheep and got back to some old school farming practices mixed with 21st century know how we may find that 400h may not need weeding.
    It's simply just likegetting a meal at the drive through at McDonald's. It's there and very convenient but doesn't really do you any good other than fill a hole for a period of time!!

Sorry , I meant to answer slowly! Got carried away

Quote Originally Posted by garden warrior View Post
    Attachment 8930 I am a Steam Weeding contractor and the demand is growing more and more and it works.
    This could be my "coming out" post😉
    I find this interesting and would like to investigate it further

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    just out of my own curiosity....since all herbicides are basically designed for broad acre agricultural use, and we just have the benefit of them being available, how would I go about steam weeding my 400ha before planting??

Sterlo
    'ALL herbicides designed for broadacre' agriculture. I don't think so. There's plenty that have been developed specifically for the turf industry. For instance, Monument. Designed basically for spot spraying certain weeds in warm season grasses. Don't see much use for that on your 400 Ha farm. Unless of course it's a TURF farm.

i have tried this method too and has a market but found that you need to follow up at least three times to completly kill off the weeds...need to do your sums really good if you want to make a living out of it but never die trying...... reckon if a back pack could be designed safely would be very practical.. i have a proto type but not divulging anything yet just working on it.back pack gets into the resi market easily especially for tight access and probably more cost effective...long hoses from a statioary point can work too just not sure on tight areas but i have limited experience ..... spraying is my preferred methods and 40 acres the steam doesn't cut it yet lol ...on ya sterlo..

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    This could be my "coming out" post
    LOL....so the rumours are true big boy
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

And before ya say it...yes too many red wines. But got ya..haha
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    i have tried this method too and has a market but found that you need to follow up at least three times to completly kill off the weeds...need to do your sums really good if you want to make a living out of it but never die trying...... reckon if a back pack could be designed safely would be very practical.. i have a proto type but not divulging anything yet just working on it.back pack gets into the resi market easily especially for tight access and probably more cost effective...long hoses from a statioary point can work too just not sure on tight areas but i have limited experience ..... spraying is my preferred methods and 40 acres the steam doesn't cut it yet lol ...on ya sterlo..
    What he said. Agree.
    Cheers

Bluey

Why not move/continue this (good) discussion about steam weeding to the existing 'Steam Weeders' thread in the Organic Gardens & Gardeners section here -- it is then 'right on topic' and not 'muddied' by 'other strongly opined issues' (eg glyphosate).

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Why not move/continue this (good) discussion about steam weeding to the existing 'Steam Weeders' thread in the Organic Gardens & Gardeners section here -- it is then 'right on topic' and not 'muddied' by 'other strongly opined issues' (eg glyphosate).

Joe
    Why Move this discussion as it was you Joe that said I was just merely here to advertise ? We have built up momentum on a subject and people have a right to be able to follow it rather than have it pushed elsewhere, And yet it is relevant to this thread and yes it is also on the topic relevant to the use of Glyphosate.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Hi Geoff, When you say you have tried this method, can you please tell me what machine you were using ? Secondly, yes a back pack model would be great but you would be limited with the lack of volume of water available. Domestic models are in the making yet not suitable for councils etc. regarding Tight areas, i havent found many at all. And in regards to larger areas such as farms, wineries, bamboo farms, blueberry farms and large areas of regen it works well as it can be tractor mounted with a boom sprayer to suit each location. Spraying might be your preferred method yet the demand for chem free is booming and I want to be at the leading edge of technology and science so I can be there to offer a viable efficient service that works for all of my clients. Regards Paul

hi Paul i used similar to http://gardeningproductsreview.com/d...weeder-review/ very slow but the more power the quicker it can be...need to be so much speedier to make a living out of it at the moment but there has to be a better way other than a truck mounted unit ..maybe not yet??
    Gotta get the backpac thing working ...got some of my Macgiver working on it ..see what happens me being the guinea pig proably will land in EA with scold to the noggin hahahaha

So then,looks good, hows it go with bamboo crap?

Does anyone know the difference between normal roundup and roundup biactive?
    The biactive roundup seems to take up to 2 weeks to kill anything and everything stays dead for ages as the normal roundup works a lot quicker but doesn't last
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast