Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Glyphosate, Good for what ails you

Default Glyphosate - the future looks bright

I think it's well and truly time to put this thread to rest.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Default Re: Glyphosate, Good for what ails you

I would like to know lifestyle and answer honestly if you didn't have a child that was disabled that you believe was from you using chemicals, would you still be using them today?

Glass n Grass i think this thread should be put to rest because you will never win. It's like a bible basher you will never change there way of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by bks07
    I would like to know lifestyle and answer honestly if you didn't have a child that was disabled that you believe was from you using chemicals, would you still be using them today?
    i cannot answer for lifestyle but will chip in, for my situation after 20 years of to much chemicals and fungicides i would have been on the compost heap ,glowing in the dark,
    geejay

lifestyle

No, mate, i'm just answering your posts.

U.S. Department of Labor (Occupational Safety & Health Administration)

http://www.osha.gov/dts/chemicalsamp...CH_243740.html

Health Factors
    Potential symptoms: Eye, skin irritation. INGES ACUTE: Sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; respiratory distress, pulmonary edema, shock (systolic blood pressure <90 mm Hg); low serum bicarbonate, acidosis, hyperkalemia, arrhythmia.

Health Effects: Irritation-Eyes---Marked (HE14), Skin---Mild (HE-16); with acute ingestion, pulmonary edema (HE-11) and renal failure (HE-4).

Affected organs: Eyes, skin, respiratory system, cardiovascular system, kidneys

Notes:
    OSHA does not have a PEL for glyphosate or its isopropylamine salt (Roundup).

Glyphosate is an herbicide that inhibits the synthesis of aromatic amino acids in plants by inhibiting enolpyruvylshikimate phosphate synthase, an enzyme existing only in plants.

Fatal intoxication has occurred from suicidal ingestion of Roundup.

Some of the toxic effects of Roundup may be due to surfactant in its formulations rather than due to glyphosate.

Glyphosate is excreted unchanged in the urine.

Lightbulb Re: Glyphosate, Good for what ails you

Lifestyle i think if you look back over all the questions other members have asked you they never get just an answer it always comes back with statistics about how bad they are for you just answer the question clear your mind from organics for a minute and think that you are just an every day gardener that has a couple of kids goes to work everyday and part of your job was to spray weeds if you had no signs ( 2 kids both born normal and im not being a smart a#se there either) that the chemicals you were using did anything to you would you still be using them?

Smile Glyphosate, getting your tongue around it!

Quote Originally Posted by lifestyle
    Glyphosate is an herbicide that inhibits the synthesis of aromatic amino acids in plants by inhibiting enolpyruvylshikimate phosphate synthase, an enzyme existing only in plants.
    I'd like to hear you say that!
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

lifestyle

I stopped using chemicals before Bethany was diagnosed (except small amounts of Roundup. The amount of Roundup i did use was less than a litre in 6 months) as i was using the information i was presented with, that it was safe enough to use. I also blindly called myself an Organic Gardener even though i used roundup. I read a post at another forum a little over 12 months ago that asked...

"If I use Roundup am I still Organic ?"

The responses to the topic surprised me and I spent several months investigating the product and concluded it was equally as toxic as some of the other sometimes stronger chemicals out there.

I have permanently stopped using Roundup and ALL chemicals within the past 2 years.

I use the dates loosely as i didn't write down the date i stopped using it.

While in Brisbane I worked for an Organisation that cared for Disabled Teenagers through Day respite programs. It was then i started to fully look into chemicals in our environment and their potential risks to our every day health. Bethany was not diagnosed at this time.

Hopefully that answers your question.

That poses another question for me to ask...

If anyone else had a child diagnosed with a disability would they do their research and potentially stop using chemicals if they concluded they may have been an issue in the cause of the disability ?

Note i use the Term May or Might our could. I DO NOT use the term Did or does unless with the prefix "if".

lifestyle

Default Re: Glyphosate, getting your tongue around it!

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass
    Originally Posted by lifestyle

I'd like to hear you say that!
    OK, so we know what it does. And How it does it. Kewl...

I'm wondering, If you sprayed Kamba M with the same pack as Glyphosate what chemical would you make with the combination ? What effect would that chemical have on Human & Environmental Health ? Has that been researched ?

What if we sprayed Glyphosate over Snail pellets would that produce a noxious gas ?

If you spray Glyphosate on a driveway and your customers kids cut there leg open when they fall off their skate board and get the chemical in their cut would that cause more problems than breathing the vapour or systemic consumption ?

Does anyone spraying ANY chemical on anything stop to think... What If...

Nope, cos the gist i'm getting from this post from you is that if we use any chemical we don't care and have no concience

lifestyle

Lifestyle i think if you look back over all the questions other members have asked you they never get just an answer it always comes back with statistics about how bad they are for you just answer the question clear your mind from organics for a minute and think that you are just an every day gardener that has a couple of kids goes to work everyday and part of your job was to spray weeds if you had no signs ( 2 kids both born normal and im not being a smart a#se there either) that the chemicals you were using did anything to you would you still be using them?
    If i don't answer the questions posed with facts from other locations, be it websites, books brochures or whatever, then i am only coming to my own conclusions. There would be nothing documented that backed up what i said.

As you may have noticed I don't think with my head inside the box.

If anyone were to admit there were potential problems with the product what would they do ?

I can fully understand the negative feed back, thats why i haven't given up. If someone who has been using these products admits they are unsafe, does that make them liable if they continue using them ?

You go islandhead i agree with you. Lifestyle i think you need to pop a few chill pills and relax a bit you can't change people

lifestyle

You go islandhead i agree with you. Lifestyle i think you need to pop a few chill pills and relax a bit you can't change people
    I'm not looking to change your mind guys, i'm looking for an active conversation. Hopefully the conversatrion well get others to the forum. Search engines work wonders. Others viewing may be encouraged by the discussion however at the least, Dean gets more visitors...

People who aren't Lawnies will be the ones who are interested.

Just as a side not to this conversation... Who is your biggest competition, as a lawnie ?

I wish i had all this time on my hands

lifestyle

Source: http://libcom.org/library/chemical-world

This article was originally in Black Flag #208, published in 1996. It was written by a member of the grassroots Communities Against Toxics, who publish ToxCat.

Phthalates, dioxins, other chemicals and infants

"...Scientists tell us that there are 500 measurable synthetic chemicals in our bodies which are capable of disrupting our fertility and intelligence. Politicians and industrialists tell us the levels are insufficient to cause these problems. Who do you believe? Who do you trust?
    What are the consequences to society of a 5% drop in IQ? What if the decline in sperm count continues to the point that men become infertile? These are crucial questions because these chemicals are ubiquitous in society. They are found in pesticides, plastics, detergents, cosmetics and environmental pollutants. Eventually, in tiny amounts, they end up in our bodies where they cause a range of illnesses from respiratory disease (on initial exposure), to cancer (up to 20 years after exposure began), and reproductive effects (which begin during cell development in the foetus where the damage is permanent)..."

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast