Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Medical problems as a contractor

Default Medical problems as a contractor

Discuss how when where and why your medical condition medication and how you cope with it on the job .

Diebetes ,Arthritis,high and low blood pressure,overweight underweight ,menapause ,Period pain . Back pain ,dickie knee etc .
    Last edited by administrator; 12-11-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Default Re: Medical problems as a contractor

Years ago I developed tennis elbow in my right elbow. Was very painfull at the time and before I started mowing I was behind a desk for few years and it went away...well not long into this and came back...
    I wear a strap around my forearm every time I use the whipper snipper, seems to keep it at bay...Have started to experiance some pain in my LEFT elbow now so strap 2 on before it gets too bad.

i do stretching exercises recomended by a physio',like doing a daily
    prey towads mecca(only way i can think of describing it,hope know one is offended),works for me relieves lower back pressure.try to swim lengths,which does the same thing. go for a full body massage once a month,takes a few days to recover,but does wonders to lossen up the body.
    geejay

I'm with you geejay! In my middle age now I do regular back & leg stretching. Visit the chiro 1-2 monthly depending on season for a massage or manipulation. I know the wallet gets manipulated . Dont like paying the money but if the body is not right its hard to get through a busy week.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK BEAR
    I'm with you geejay! In my middle age now I do regular back & leg stretching. Visit the chiro 1-2 monthly depending on season for a massage or manipulation. I know the wallet gets manipulated . Dont like paying the money but if the body is not right its hard to get through a busy week.
    Has anyone got any Industry specific stretches that we can start the day with ?

The whipper snipper is what kills my lower back, going to the pyhsio on Monday I will see if i can get some exercises to post up

Yoga is good for back stretching

http://backpainadvisor.wordpress.com...et-to-stretch/

CALF MUSCLE CAN GIVE YOU BACK PAIN

There is a muscle that most will never consider or look at with any back pain complaint. The muscle is your calf muscle.

You may be wondering how a muscle in your lower leg may cause back pain. Again it is only part of the causes, but from a muscular perspective, the calf is a major force.

Your calf muscle is one of the main postural muscles. It helps to give you that “position in space”. So if it is tight your posture will change. You may notice this by looking at your pelvis – it may be titled forward so that the bony prominence on the front of your pelvis is lower than the one at the back (this is commonly seen as a sway back).

You may also notice that one side of your pelvis is higher than the other. Also a common result of calf muscle problems.

If you try to correct the back or pelvis without treating the calf muscles, you will end up trying to push water up a hill … very difficult I’m sure you’ll agree.
    Last edited by administrator; 13-11-2008 at 05:15 PM.

I know the ones to do now I will have to find some pics to show.
    Generally I go from top to toe neck, shoulders, back, butt, hammies calf etc

Paul

i go to the gym daily..Started as it was recommended for a knee problem(strengthen muscle around the knee),i do alot of deadlifts for a strong back..When i worked for a large construction company they had a trainer come to the site to show us daily stretches.Knee still palys up on big days,but i just strap it or use a knee warmer/sleeve.
    Lower back stretch..Start with hands on hips and stretch back,holding it.Repeat gradually lifting your hands higher up your back for each stretch.

streching has really helped me with lower back ache,the one the cricketers do,hands on hips and push hips forward,is brillant.
    geejay

Stretching is great, also the best natural anti-inflammatory is Tumeric, I put a spoonful with all of my cooking and it is really good, as hubby is a painter he has bad wrists and bad lower back. Tumeric along with celery seed has done wonders for him. I really think that if you feed your body right, not too many acidic foods (which having an acidic body, can aggrevate arthiritis and all sorts of other medical problems), can really help all sorts of conditions, eat healthy and give your body fuel to fight off any condition you have.

pain away is great for arthrits , sprains , sore wrists and knees....natural product containg arnica montano flower , emu oil rosemary oil eucalytus oil and emu oil...spray on and pain actually goes away..

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Stretching is great, also the best natural anti-inflammatory is Tumeric, I put a spoonful with all of my cooking and it is really good, as hubby is a painter he has bad wrists and bad lower back. Tumeric along with celery seed has done wonders for him. I really think that if you feed your body right, not too many acidic foods (which having an acidic body, can aggrevate arthiritis and all sorts of other medical problems), can really help all sorts of conditions, eat healthy and give your body fuel to fight off any condition you have.
    yep,celery sticks work for me,have a stick a day,chop it up and keep ends in a mug with a little water in fridge will try the tumeric.
    geejay

Dont cause yourself to have medical problems.

February 27, 2009: A remarkable story of a man who’s body started shutting down after being exposed to extreme Heat
    A brickie.

See vid on Melting man

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&tab=m164
    Last edited by administrator; 28-02-2009 at 10:44 PM.

the celery seed and/or celery seed extract is a super concentrated version that I read a research paper on when I was at uni - related to it's beneficial effects on arthritis.

I've just noticed that I am developing "typists" fingers as I am on the computer all day at work. Dropped in to the health food store today to get some celery seed extract...will hopefully work wonders as I have absolutely no strength in my thumbs, which makes opening jars, holding pens etc just about impossible.

Ah....the joys of ageing. and to think, I'm note even 40 (not yet anyway..I'm holding on to those 8 months for dear life)
    ~ Joanne ~

Admin that was a good to see!
    Geoff - Pain away sounds great have never seen it in our chemist or supermarket is it widely available?
    Yep Geejay Celery way to go But how clever for soaking it in water I am going to do that now in a small glass and add it to my water everyday as I normally steep the seeds in hot water, but your idea is so much easier, not as concentrated, but it will do the trick Brilliant! Simple things in life are the best and simple things are what keeps you healthy, if we all got back to basics and cut out all the processed **** we wouldn;t have half the problems

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast