Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Medical problems as a contractor

Default Re: Medical problems as a contractor

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Stick with meat and 3 veg and drink water from the tap. I'm not saying it's all rubbish but buyer beware.
    Spot on Steve. Good to have a feed of fish at least once a week too.

The coke isn't the same as it was BJ, but I reckon the Cadbury chocky is the worst.
    When you think about Vegemite, Arnotts, IXL, Golden circle and all the other Aussie companies who have been sold out and quality ruined it's a real shame.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Theracurmin BioActive
    I don't take this,my wife does.Thanks for the tip anyway..
    Kidney stones, can cause gall bladder problems, stomach upset. From the bottle i've got it says up to 2 a day but i come a buster on that, kidneys stone, yep that hurt wouldn't recommend that. One of the most painful things i've experienced and i barracked for Fitzroy (old AFL team for those interstate) so that's saying something. Just be careful and pay attention to what your body tells you. I was on it for 12 months before the kidney pain started.

Your diet can play a big part in easing aches and pains if you are willing to make the change.

Sugar, cutting it out altogether or reducing it substantially really helps with inflammatory problems, easier said than done though that's an addictive substance that one. My achilles heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Kidney stones, can cause gall bladder problems, stomach upset. From the bottle i've got it says up to 2 a day but i come a buster on that, kidneys stone, yep that hurt wouldn't recommend that. One of the most painful things i've experienced and i barracked for Fitzroy (old AFL team for those interstate) so that's saying something. Just be careful and pay attention to what your body tells you. I was on it for 12 months before the kidney pain started.

Your diet can play a big part in easing aches and pains if you are willing to make the change.

Sugar, cutting it out altogether or reducing it substantially really helps with inflammatory problems, easier said than done though that's an addictive substance that one. My achilles heal.
    I had kidney stones but i've never taken Theracurmin BioActive
    If one is in pain and can find something to ease it then that's what you do for arthritis,not every one gets side effects

Thumbs up Re: Medical problems as a contractor

Sugar is a critical part of the problem. You have to understand and limit the inflammation mediators and also feed the body with good basic nutritional food.
    Inflammation can apparently start so many diseases and our modern diet influenced so much by our American friends ( and companies/bodies that have hijacked the people who influence these things)
    Got 50 years of bad habits and also dietary habits taught to me to fix.
    Have started and thrown out the low fat diet and also the food pyramid taught to us.
    Only time will tell but with diabetes all through the family and the last couple of years results leading down that path things have improved dramatically with my changed diet.
    I am taking theracurmin but also a few other things that are natural and have been discussed with my doc ( who has no real idea) also change brands of Curcummin

I reckon people aim too high. There is no point aiming to cut out all sugar or all salt or all alcohol (if you drink). Your body needs some sugar and salt and if you like a drink or smoke try and cut back on it as you get older. Moderation. The trouble with the processed food we get lumped with these days is that it is full of sugar and salt. Better quality non-processed food is more than likely better for your health. Cutting things out altogether in one go probably does you some damage anyway. Mind you I don't necessarily practice what i preach. Mmmm this beer tastes good.

I reckon people aim too high. There is no point aiming to cut out all sugar or all salt or all alcohol (if you drink). Your body needs some sugar and salt and if you like a drink or smoke try and cut back on it as you get older. Moderation. The trouble with the processed food we get lumped with these days is that it is full of sugar and salt. Better quality non-processed food is more than likely better for your health. Cutting things out altogether in one go probably does you some damage anyway. Mind you I don't necessarily practice what i preach. Mmmm this beer tastes good.
    Have not cut it out completely. Almost impossible to do if you eat anything slightly processes, canned, bottled, baked, packaged, milk, etc etc
    Just reduced it dramatically, putting less processed **** in the mouth with more basic food. Less nett carbs, less meat especially red. Much from the markets, fresh, grass fed beef etc
    Body is still adjusting, nothing too bad but I have still only really started as I still often eat what is convenient = usually sugar, carbs, other ****!

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    google borax for bones
    and other things +1 !!

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Have not cut it out completely. Almost impossible to do if you eat anything slightly processes, canned, bottled, baked, packaged, milk, etc etc
    Just reduced it dramatically, putting less processed **** in the mouth with more basic food. Less nett carbs, less meat especially red. Much from the markets, fresh, grass fed beef etc
    Body is still adjusting, nothing too bad but I have still only really started as I still often eat what is convenient = usually sugar, carbs, other ****!
    sorry mate, wasn't specifically replying to you, was just a general comment.

sorry mate, wasn't specifically replying to you, was just a general comment.
    Alls good. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    I had kidney stones but i've never taken Theracurmin BioActive
    If one is in pain and can find something to ease it then that's what you do for arthritis,not every one gets side effects
    You got shares in it mate?

True not everyone gets side effects but some do. Just putting it out there. A lot of supplements have side effects long term you just need to be informed of what they are and pay attention to your body while you are taking them and make adjustments as you go. That's all i was doing, informing people so they can be aware of what can go wrong. People often think natural supplements are safe but in some cases they are not and they can interact with medicines so you need to do your homework.

It was that stuff that did it, its a documented side effect of it. I've never had kidney stones before and it's not in my family so it came out of the blue. It starts off with very mild flank pain (pain in your side), after a month of the mild flank pain it ended up with extreme pain until the stone passes. Now i'm off it i've had no problems since, no flank pain no stones.

Changing your diet also works but isn't as simple as popping a pill or in this case a yellow capsule.

I go to an iridologist/naturopath and a lot of my problems have been solved by a change of diet (more of these and none of those), with a dose of supplements to help build up what I am lacking. My biggest problem is too much sugar in the form of a few beers or more after work.

Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    I go to an iridologist/naturopath and a lot of my problems have been solved by a change of diet (more of these and none of those), with a dose of supplements to help build up what I am lacking. My biggest problem is too much sugar in the form of a few beers or more after work.
    You are breaking my heart Troppo not the beer!!! All jokes aside it is something i have drastically reduced. Doesn't hurt me much over winter but summer stings. Was thinking of trying gluten free beer this summer to see if i can get away with that. Do you think its the sugar in the beer, the wheat or gluten? The other two for some people can be just as big an issue as sugar. I'm trying red wine at the moment in moderation and its going down a treat.

You are breaking my heart Troppo not the beer!!! All jokes aside it is something i have drastically reduced. Doesn't hurt me much over winter but summer stings. Was thinking of trying gluten free beer this summer to see if i can get away with that. Do you think its the sugar in the beer, the wheat or gluten? The other two for some people can be just as big an issue as sugar. I'm trying red wine at the moment in moderation and its going down a treat.
    even pure alchohol is high in calories. Nothings good for you. Even breathing. Death and Taxes mate, that's the only certainty.

She reckons the sugar is bad for me, but a few each day is OK. None would be better, but up here I'd go troppo without my coldies.

Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    She reckons the sugar is bad for me, but a few each day is OK. None would be better, but up here I'd go troppo without my coldies.
    Would go down a treat to i reckon (( :

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast