Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Billy Goat Slashers

Default Billy Goat Slashers

Anyone had anything to do with these. They look the bees knees for slashing. Here's the specs

- Heavy duty 12 Gauge steel deck
    - Automatic blade brake for safety
    - Pneumatic Tractor lug tyres
    - Cutting height 2.75 - 3.75 inch
    - 13hp Briggs and Stratton or Honda engine option
    - Rear Cable Guard, Prevents cable from damage or accumulation of unwanted debris.
    - Ergonomic Handle Grips, Increase operator comfort and improve stability. Steel hand guards provide protection against fences and thorny brush.
    - Adjustable Skid Shoes, Change cut height from 2-3/4” to 3-3/4”.
    - Rear Discharge Deck, Cut debris rolls out slowly and safely after it is cut.
    - Puncture-Proof Tires, High flotation turf tires are pre-filled with puncture sealant from the factory.
    - Reinforced Spindle Assembly, Buttressed in four directions to give you confidence in any mowing situation.
    - Sealed Transaxle, With limited slip differential. Three forward plus one reverse gear, no chains to maintain.
    - Ease of Service, Front hatch lifts off for easy inspection and service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Billy Goat Slashers

I have seen these on the carismowers web sit they are not cheap but the look rock solid for the price.

Been there done that,
    We had one for a year and sold it as what work we found for it took forever our Kawasaki 62cc Brushcutter cut the grass much quicker.

Also you are in trouble if you hit a hidden object ie a tree stump had one or two near misses there.

Lastly ever try to mow 5 acres of long grass walking behind a 800mm slasher it takes almost a day.

Purchased a tractor and 5ft 1.5 m slasher now no more bother just have to keep onlookers away
    best regards Gary B and J mowing

Looks ok but I don't like the fact it goes to 3.75" high, I think a slasher needs to go to at least 5" to be effective.

Hi Bluey,

I like the look of the one by Greenfield because you can get a catcher for it, it's called an IPD. I have seen some on Ebay now and then. This one is on my I need one of these in the future list.

Introducing the Greenfield I.P.D Slasher

The Greenfield I.P.D (Industrial Power Drive) Slasher, Originally designed in 1970 to mow under custard apple trees, is still the benchmark for walk behind self-propelled slasher mowers. With it's big B&S 10.5 hp I.C. engine or Honda 11 hp engine and both with 28" cut, it will handle tyhe toughest mowing comditions with ease yet does a fine job on lawns. It's ultra low centre of gravity makes it ideal for slopes.

The B&S 10.5 hp 28' I.P.D. Slasher

I.P.D Slasher Features

* Powerful Briggs & Stratton long life B&S 10.5hp, and Honda 11HP I/C (Industrial/Commercial) engine easy start Magnetron ignition; built to last for commercial use.
    * 28" cut with strong alloy corrosion and rust free cutter deck, with heavy duty swing back blades.
    * Self-propelled 2 speeds with convenient handle bar controls for engine speed, drive and blade height.Low maintenance, easy to service drive belts are self adjusting for long life and are inexpensive to replace.
    * Single castor wheel for easy handling and long grass cutting, perfectly balanced. Optional 2 wheel front axle for mowing slopes.
    * All panels made from rust proof zinc coated steel. Strong unbreakable tubular steel welded chassis. Low profile, covered drive designed to mow under orchard trees, fences etc without damage to fruit.
    * Mows the roughest terrain, yet will cut fine grass perfectly. Preferred by councils everywhere since 1972.
    * Optional tip-to-empty Greenfield grass catcher. Warranty special 1 year on mower. B&S I/C engine 2+5 year Magnetron ignition.
    Attached Images Attached Images