Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Bored in the USA

Stuie

Default Bored in the USA

Hi all
    Just wanted to say hello to all you still in Australia! Im in LA for the week for a wedding well thats the excuse anyway Dont think i was \missing much at home work wise although turned down a days work on the day i left but sent it in the way of a friend who we work together with some time and i owed him a referral.
    Anyway see you all when i get back
    Lawn industry is interesting here will write it up when i have more time
    STUART

Tonyr

Take care buddy!

Tell us all about all of the mighty Toro's you have seen over there!

That alone would be worth the trip!

Probably haven't seen any yellow or orange homeowner stuff right?LOL!

Easycareacres

crickey stuie you get around mate. bring us back some duff beer dude.

mick

Watch out for the crack heads!

There usually on red machines! hehe

Tonyr

Yeah, great advice, watch for those red mowers, especially that "other" red (exmark) LOL!

Stuie

No ride ons spotted yet THink they are an edangered species here!Lotsa hand mowers in pickups though!
    STUART

Stuie

Hi MOM
    Well here i am still in the good ol US of A.Having a pretty good time went to the Hollywood hills today and also went to the VALLEY!
    Had a good chat to a guy on friday "sodding" a lawn.He didnt speak much english and i speak even less spanish but he was really nice and friendly. He just does lawn installation for a living no maintenance at all he refers that to his brother.He spent two full days removing the previous grass/weed about 75 sqm and then he is "sodding" the lawn tommorow (mon) with Kikuyu.Im going to give him a hand for an hour cause he is taking me out to a large wholesale nursery somewhere for a look around so thats a good trade.
    The flora here is so similar to Sydney so many eucalypts lillypillys etc etc!! Has been one plant i dont recognise ; the climate is very similar but today was so hot in the sun a real dry heat.
    The weddings tommorow nite so we are all set to go for that and maybe wednesday we are going to hire a mustang convertable and blast down the freeway visit a friend in Santa Barbara maybe see Vegas.
    Anyway i dont miss work at all for some reason!
    Will post some photos when i get back of some cool landscaping.

See youll soon
    Stuart

Easycareacres

ha stuie, holliday, envey you.
    Yes take many pics like Mic hippy love to see where you go. Pleased ya taking a ford over there lol. Keep us posted.
    Take babe pics as mics were soft lol. Take care dude.

mick

Hey Russ, theres thousands of Mustangs over there, and there cheap. Saw a couple for around $15000 2nd hand. Looked pretty good though.

Be good to see pics from another's perspective! Bring em on!

Easycareacres

yeah mic i loved the ol camoreo's dont know if forest gump still make em