Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: Post Equipment Pics here

Default Re: Post Equipment Pics here

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I only use it on acreage/schools. The lowest I cut is 2.5". Mostly 2.75".
    Even the 44" that I use on some residentials never sees 1". Only a very odd one gets cut at 1.5", and most at 2". Half acres and up get 2.5".
    Fair enough. I know someone who is a groundsman at a private school. They use John Deere Triplex Greens Mowers on their ovals and school grounds. Depending on time of year they are cutting everything weekly at 10-15mm.

Cheers,

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankitup View Post
    Fair enough. I know someone who is a groundsman at a private school. They use John Deere Triplex Greens Mowers on their ovals and school grounds. Depending on time of year they are cutting everything weekly at 10-15mm.

Cheers,

Neil.
    Little different than the average government school. I am closer to what Ed mows

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I only use it on acreage/schools. The lowest I cut is 2.5". Mostly 2.75".
    Even the 44" that I use on some residentials never sees 1". Only a very odd one gets cut at 1.5", and most at 2". Half acres and up get 2.5".
    Same. Although I'll run the deck bottomed out at 20mm before I do a scarify job.

A friend gave me this a couple of months ago. It's a 1991 Husky Rider. Apparently one of the first Riders to come to Australia.
    It was used commercially and then later just used on his property until it broke a hydro cable and parked it 6 years ago.

It's a goer now, but still needs a few things and a lot of tidying up of the plastics etc.

IMG_20221126_151800 (2)rs.jpg

Nice scoop Ed, they've always struck me as looking like they'd be ideal for resi work.....have to try one out one of these days

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Hi Paul, I just took it for a bit of a hobby to fix it up. My old mate has just lost his wife to cancer and himself recovering from heart surgery. I'll eventually load it up when it's looking good and take it back to him for another ride.

I've only mowed a bit of my yard with it and it's nowhere near as maneuverable as a ZT or Walker. 14hp Vanguard V twin purrs over nicely.
    It's a rear discharge deck but the baffles were pretty shagged, so I'll have to fabricate some new ones before I can see the real quality of cut & discharge pattern.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314