Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Import my own rider?

mick

Default Import my own rider?

I was at a party the other night and met a guy who imports Borers, trenchers, augers etc etc by the container load from America. I told him I'm into mowing and that the Z'd riders are so expensive. He said he could most probably import just about anything I wanted! I asked about a rider and he said probably around $2000 to bring it in. Look at the numbers..........

A rider in the states costs under ...........$10000
    Exchange rated ...........$13000
    Import charge ..............$2000
    A mate to help put it together .............. $40 (carton of piss)
    Total................. $15040 and a hangover

I'm probably missing out on some import duty tax or something but it doesn't sound like a bad way to do it. Sure I wouldn't have any dealer support but I'd could save somewhere around $10000.

What are your thoughts about it pros and cons!

Easycareacres

Thumbs up

Mic where do you think I get all my parts ???

just saved $1000 for 12 air filters ha its catching on.
    any brb missues wants walk down paddock.

Tonyr

crikey Mick!

ok, I'm gunna sell my red Z, should get about $20000, maybe, and get anothery from ya mate, win, win!

Just shows how much dealers make hey!

mick

Tony,, sure does! Want to go into business? hehe

Bring in 4 (what would be)$25000au machines/ month, sell for $20000au each and pocket more or less $5000 a piece! Thats $10000 /mth...................... each!

Just the dealer support would be a factor but if you can save $10000, thats alot of repairs!

Russ, do you order over the net or know somebody over there? Details, details!

Easycareacres

yeah would be great if one could. The brands have agreements etc. If want second hand i think a bit diff or if you know someone overthere. Import licences as you can pay upto 100% tax duty. Any way play games i do, and works.
    Refuse to let any shop any more in aust to suck me in, crickey one shop tried to charge me 35.00 for a fuel filter. $6-8 at supercheap, good to see some wake up.
    Dont think this will help indy mowing so rather not go anyfurther.
    Long as we get realalistic prices im happy but certain shops will not so up there funnel.

mick

Was just kidding about bringing them in as a "business" but 10 grand a month would be pretty good!

The guy didnt say anything about duty taxes or if he did, I was a little errr, pissed at the time!

He did seem to be "no problem" about it. I will look into it when I've got some money though and find out more!

Rod

You need to check the import duty. I bring in products from Vietnam/India and Indonesia for another business I run and I get slugged 15% 5% duty and 10% gst.

Make sure you check that out.

mick

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Horticultural
    You need to check the import duty. I bring in products from Vietnam/India and Indonesia for another business I run and I get slugged 15% 5% duty and 10% gst.

Make sure you check that out.
    So that would bring it up to around the $20000 mark! Damit, get one from the shop with a warrenty and save the drama.
    Oh well, the dream was good while it lasted!