Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Busted Window

Default Busted Window

Righto, now I remember reading a tip on here awhile ago about parking on the nature strip next door to the property your working on. Wished I hada taken heed.
    Busted the front passenger window on my ute yesterday from whipper snipping rock into it
    Gonna get fixed Monday for about 300 bucks. Luckily I can borrow the Mowjo OLD mans ute for a few days.
    Tip and Trick.....PARK ON THE NATURE STRIP NEXT DOOR TO THE PROPERTY YOUR WORKING ON
    Cheers, Jason.

If your lawns and garden's have lost their Mojo...
    Call Mowjo Man

Default Re: Busted Window

Poor Mowjoman, so close to xmas too. I bet you went "Dooh" when that happened. I am dreading that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    Righto, now I remember reading a tip on here awhile ago about parking on the nature strip next door to the property your working on. Wished I hada taken heed.
    Busted the front passenger window on my ute yesterday from whipper snipping rock into it
    Gonna get fixed Monday for about 300 bucks. Luckily I can borrow the Mowjo OLD mans ute for a few days.
    Tip and Trick.....PARK ON THE NATURE STRIP NEXT DOOR TO THE PROPERTY YOUR WORKING ON
    know exactly how you feel,i walked past mine a few times to see if it was for real,could not believe it(silly ah),carried on with the job.

extra tip leave window open a little,if something hits it,it should not shatter completely and cave in,then wind window up,should hold togther until it gets repaired.

african tip ,as they throw spark plugs at window to smash it to get stuff inside ute,leave it open slightly and it won't cave in.
    geejay

I did that the other day,,stupid thing was i was only mowing the front lawn i could have had both windows down.

I now have a cracked windscreen,,no passenger side window,,a cracked side window (its a High Ace )

Lucky its just a backup van,,its really rough,,people will call me Jims soon ,J/K

I did a sliding back door at a town house two weeks ago. Really small back courtyard that was really badly overgrown. I was being really careful because of all the glass in close proximity. Walked the job over before starting and was nearly finished on the whippy before mowing when it picked up a kids little toy truck. I felt it go and knew straightaway I had hit the door. Looked back and stopped the machine and all I could hear was the door starring. Big hole through the door. I thought it was a rock but later found out it was the toy truck. My heart sank.

First major one I had done. Called various glass guys and was amazed by the difference in prices but got a good one in Speedy Glass. They came out straightaway and I had it being fixed as the owner got home. I rang her when I did it and explained what I had done. She was great and even gave me a beer as we watched the glass guy repair it. She is a sister of one of my best clients and it was one off job for her.

Difference between highest price and that of Speedy Glass was $600. Can you believe that
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey

First major one I had done. Called various glass guys and was amazed by the difference in prices but got a good one in Speedy Glass. They came out straightaway and I had it being fixed as the owner got home. I rang her when I did it and explained what I had done. She was great and even gave me a beer as we watched the glass guy repair it. She is a sister of one of my best clients and it was one off job for her.

Difference between highest price and that of Speedy Glass was $600. Can you believe that
    I've done a few windows in my time (they always seem to be a ranch slider window) After doing the second window I made it clear to my customers that if there are any foreign objects on the lawn (including rocks or stones) that cause damage to their property I am not liable.

One customer said to me '' but if you weren't here cutting the lawn the window would not have been smashed'' my reply was "if the stone was not their the window would have not been smashed''

The owner should be liable for any foreign objects left on their lawn, it is their responsibly to remove such objects.

i will never pay for another smashed window again.

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    That sucks mowjoman I have done it before to

I hate busy streets where people use the street as parking like near train stations ect, some properties will have 3 or 4 cars out the front you have to be real careful.

I took a chunk out of the family car side window when I was mowing my own lawn. I have broken 2 windows in 4 years. both being full sliding saftey glass. $300 each.

I was at a lawn the other week and the customers 2 boys were out the back watching. I got them to stand right back as they insisted they watch. After a few up and backs of the yard I thought it was strange I picked up a few rocks that I'm sure weren't there. I looked back when I was at the far end of the yard to see the boys throwing more rocks on the grass. I turned off the mower and the boys ran inside. I informed the mum of what they were doing and she said "boys will be boys" and pretty much shugged it off. It was only when I mowed around that end of the yard and went to get the money she noticed I left bits and said "o I guess I'll have to pick them up" Bloody Ferals.

Boys will be boys, I totally agree. But part of being a boy in my mind is when your being a clown you get a good kick up the arse too...Never hurt me none, wont hurt my boy either.
    Cheers, Jason.

If your lawns and garden's have lost their Mojo...
    Call Mowjo Man

Hi all, You might notice I mentioned a few posts ago that I had broken 2 windows in 4 years. Well I'm now up to 4 windows. I smashed 2 windows today. Not happy!! One of them was my own at my house. We just got back from holidays and the wife has been on my back to get our lawn mowed. So this morning before I left I mowed our lawn. It's a floor height window so it just cracked and took a chip out. (Thick Glass) I'm gonna have a go at replacing the glass in that one myself. Then this afternoon I was mowing a rough lawn and the owner comes running out of his house looking all frazzled and pointed to a broken window. I rang the local window fixers and organised getting it fixed. And offered him half which was $60. (His stones my mower.) I told him to get a rotary hoe in there and some good soil coz it's got a bit of builders rubble in it. And it's not very level. He asked me if I wanted to do it. So I quoted the job and he's gonna have a word to the wife and let me know. It was a bit odd mowing his lawn then paying him. Anyway hope thats it for a while. Cheers Rick

Well today i did i broke my window 5 years and never broken a window today got in the ute after a job a guess what i had a frosted window i was parked over the road .at least the window tinting held it together .-hit -hit -hit ucking stones i hate them

geez mate broken window how sad hey i feel so sorry for you mate ...had that with the mrs car new f#cking holden 3 days old and f@cking possum dropped out of tree and smashed the side window....400 bucks later ...bloody possums need ya to come down and kill the b@astards

come on admin the time clock is still up the pathway to hell......

mate sorry nancy me walk away hey ...and your a senior member too i must look up to you have to love the banter on here luv it ...and nev get stuffed

Nice one admin, thought geoff looked like he was gonna walk again

Just kidding geoff

Unlucky about the window Nev Never a good time, but at least it wasn't a mirror so hopefully no bad luck

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast