Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Busted Window

Default Re: Busted Window

yes im a bit like god changing time just have to move the sun back an hour
    alas im just an apprentice

ive looked at others and they seem to have the same prob at the minute
    Last edited by administrator; 06-03-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

geez admin getting really smart with the 24 hr clock , u certainly do have talents
    except that u havent fixed the clock yet

Oh no, we have joined the "broken window" club. Shut the drivers door today and the back window just shattered, must have hit it with a stone when I was mowing...DOOH..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep...know the feeling. By chance the place where I found the magic euro wasp attracting weed was the one where I busted the sliding grass door.

You should have seen me checking the lawn before doing it. Must have looked a sight. At one stage I was on hands and knees looking for any thing that could become a missile. I hung a tarp up over the door as well.

Had the nieghbours seen me they would have thought I had lost it. Bloody mad lawnie crawling around on all fours muttering to himself. I did have a chuckle to myself latter after I found the wasps which made me act weird all over again. Christ I hope nobody was watching lol.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

These people complaining about the time, WTF I saw a post somewhere about "Nancy" . We may have to start another

black bear you are a nancy

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Did my first window this week. Couldn't be a normal window, Had to be a 2.1 x .61 mtr toughened glass window. Quotes I got were around $350 to $400 dollars but got a good price in the end $210 + gst and customer is going halves...... Bugger

shouldnt it just be the exess on your third party damage insurance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing
    Did my first window this week. Couldn't be a normal window, Had to be a 2.1 x .61 mtr toughened glass window. Quotes I got were around $350 to $400 dollars but got a good price in the end $210 + gst and customer is going halves...... Bugger
    Yes know the feeling. There was a topic on this a while back. Many operators put it back on the property owner to cliam on their insurance. What caused the break>
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Yes know the feeling. There was a topic on this a while back. Many operators put it back on the property owner to cliam on their insurance. What caused the break>
    It was a small piece of concrete. The customer had some kwik kerb done about 4 months ago and there is small bits of it all over the place but it normally crumbles up. Not this time I guess. I probably should have said something about it to her months ago.

I saw it fly out and reckon it hit the kwik kerb which gave it the trajectory to hit the glass.

yep broke another the other day ..He`s paying $170 I`am doing a couple of his hedges for nix (just because i`am a good bloke )
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing
    It was a small piece of concrete. The customer had some kwik kerb done about 4 months ago and there is small bits of it all over the place but it normally crumbles up. Not this time I guess. I probably should have said something about it to her months ago.

I saw it fly out and reckon it hit the kwik kerb which gave it the trajectory to hit the glass.
    1st & won't be your last wasn't our mate from zippy curbing was it? unforunately the excess on insurance puts paid to any $$$ saved from minor windows breaks.

I took out the back window,passenger and side window and side mirror on my old hiace van all with the edger.

Never broken a window with a mower thank god i use a reel mower often,i am a bit worried now though the first holes are poking through the deck of the Honda 216,,need a deck fast methinks,,

I am thinking of placing something on my quotes to say if any property damage occurs resultant from debris within the lawn that it is the owners responsibility. For major clean ups I always do this verbally but something on the quote would be a good fall back.
    Cheers

Bluey

Good idea Bluey its not our fault if we hit an object on the lawn and smash a window its the owners/tenants job to make sure its a safe working enviroment on mow day and theres no projectiles or debris on the lawn.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast