Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: mowing acres

pacific lawn mowing

Default mowing acres

I have just started mowing large blocks and 1 to 3 acre blocks can anybody help me as to what I should be charging and how does everybody work out what they charge thanks guys !!

Tonyr

You may get a broad range of prices depending on where...

I'm in the country, if you are talking vacant blocks, I get $60 an acre easy. this is with a 60'' deck mower though so it is good money fast.

If these 1 to 3 acre blocks have houses etc on them then that is a lot more complex, usually roughly kinda, sorta about, say a house on a 1 acre block $85, mow and trim, house on 1.5 acre $120 etc...I price per job, only rough figure above just to give you a basic idea.

Obviously I can't give prices due to possible competitors browsing from my area...

mick

You might like to start off charging an hourly rate.
    $50 to $60 "should" be the average I'd say with a min of about $50 if it takes less than 45min.
    Tell them its "part there of" and round up too the next 15 min when longer than 45min.
    Sounds complicated but lets say you do 50mins work = full charge of $60. Over an hour and price goes up $15/15min so if it takes 70min thats $75 and so on!

So.....
    under 45min = $50
    over 45min = $60 then $15/15 minutes rounded up! (65minutes = $75)

I just got myself a cheap stop watch to hang from my rear view mirror in the ute. Start when get out, stop when packed up and writting the invoice!

This is just the method I use when its difficult to tell how much to quote but quoting is much better. Takes a little time to factor in trees, fences, gates, animals, gardens, ponds/dams etc etc but you can make much better money! $100/hr or more sound good!

Steve Ladlow

Mick what percentage of your work is on acerage propery?

mick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ladlow
    Mick what percentage of your work is on acerage propery?
    About 90% mate. Wouldnt have it any other way!

Steve Ladlow

Mick whats your territory cover?

mick

Its big! I'd travel 30min (up a highway) either way for a good job.
    Hinterland mainly on the Gold Coast but the small residentials I do are on the coast. Square kms, no idea but the Goldy is a pretty narrow strip so its easy to go between the coast and the hinterland. If that makes sence? Had jobs on the beach on into the hills in the same day! No problem!

From this To that!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve Ladlow

Talking

Nice views