Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Honda HRU216 modifications - What's yours?

Default Re: Honda HRU216 modifications - What's yours?

Run mine at approx 3450 using 2 high lift & 2 low lift blades and have a wireless handheld rev checker I got from the States (DTI-20K Tachometer 0-19,900Rpm).
    Very handy gadget kept in the dual cab glove box for random checks - just hold near spark plug for instant reading.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Run mine at approx 3450 using 2 high lift & 2 low lift blades and have a wireless handheld rev checker I got from the States (DTI-20K Tachometer 0-19,900Rpm).
    Very handy gadget kept in the dual cab glove box for random checks - just hold near spark plug for instant reading.
    I have a cheapo ebay hour-meter/tachometer ..Ive been wanting one of those hand held rev checkers... where did you get yours from ?
    B.L.T.H Brake late,turn hard

Most of these mods they run it at 3600 but only push the throttle to max speed in heavy growth,running them at that speed under no load doesn't do them much good

Quote Originally Posted by AndoTheMando View Post
    I have a cheapo ebay hour-meter/tachometer ..Ive been wanting one of those hand held rev checkers... where did you get yours from ?
    Went through my Outlook personal folders (ebay section) and searched quickly but didn't see it. I know I would have records on it. But google it and on ebay and you will find it. Google reports were very good on the model mentioned and mine works perfect and still on the same replaceable battery after years of use. Just pick a good supplier most likely from Trumpland.

Re the Honda rev speed, I try to be on/near the upper limit on the 3600rpm manu rev limit, but happy to sit at 3450.

I have one job I've had for 8 yrs and I'm touching wood as I type. The previous mowerman to this great elderly lady customer I have,suddenly lost her previous mowerman. Due a blade coming off his mower and slicing through his ankle/foot, (Still touching wood)
    Worksafe would love knowing if you running way above spec , it goes to say never mow lawns without steel capped boots on even at home after hearing that one.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Went through my Outlook personal folders (ebay section) and searched quickly but didn't see it. I know I would have records on it. But google it and on ebay and you will find it. Google reports were very good on the model mentioned and mine works perfect and still on the same replaceable battery after years of use. Just pick a good supplier most likely from Trumpland.

Re the Honda rev speed, I try to be on/near the upper limit on the 3600rpm manu rev limit, but happy to sit at 3450.

I have one job I've had for 8 yrs and I'm touching wood as I type. The previous mowerman to this great elderly lady customer I have,suddenly lost her previous mowerman. Due a blade coming off his mower and slicing through his ankle/foot, (Still touching wood)
    Worksafe would love knowing if you running way above spec , it goes to say never mow lawns without steel capped boots on even at home after hearing that one.
    I'll check out Ebay for that Tachometer ...

I think around 3400 is a nice rev...

It always amazes me the amount of people in our line of work who wear sand-shoes/runners.. lol
    B.L.T.H Brake late,turn hard

Quote Originally Posted by AndoTheMando View Post
    I'll check out Ebay for that Tachometer ...

I think around 3400 is a nice rev...

It always amazes me the amount of people in our line of work who wear sand-shoes/runners.. lol
    Yeah amazes me too! Flip flops are way cooler in summer

Very Helpful Member

I think the reason the Revs are set at 2800-3000 so the engine meets U.S EPA and CARB2 regulations pretty sure they used to run at about 3600 before they had to meet these regs
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thanks Ian - I'm flying around the lawns with these new wheels
    20181112_184532.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    In case you haven't tried it yet the other advantage is you should be able to pull the mower backwards up stairs
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    In case you haven't tried it yet the other advantage is you should be able to pull the mower backwards up stairs
    Haven't tried yet but would definitely be much easier

I did notice 'scalloping' (pretty sure I didn't make that word up?!) On some lawns.... obviously as the pitch of the deck had changed
    I put new front wheels on which has improved that but not 100%
    Also filled the gap around bearings on front wheel with liquid nails.... hoping will make them stronger... see how that goes
    Ideally if hrc 9" wheels fitted front id fix both problems instantly

why not do the same to the front wheels?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    why not do the same to the front wheels?
    On my Chonda (TPE216) the 9" front wheels would rub on the chassis I have retreads on the front and these can rub a bit at a 8 or 9 setting

I'll have a look but I think will rub deck on mine too

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    20181112_184532.jpg
    They are nice looking wheels, where do you get them Ian? will they fit the 216D do you know?
    Cheers Dean
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast