Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things not so good at the moment

Default Re: Things not so good at the moment

Just an easy one but when I first started one of my little old lady customers was complaining to me bout a plumber that charged her $70 to come and change a tap washer....From that day on I carry a stash of washers in my glove box and have let it be known to all that I can help em out in that way.
    Something else I'm going to try when the cooler months approch is carrying a roll of fly screen wire and any house I see with damaged ones I'll offer to repair. Quick easy and a bit extra on the job.
    Cheers, Jason.

If your lawns and garden's have lost their Mojo...
    Call Mowjo Man

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    suck it in nancy things i know are bad but make sure u cover the basis , weed , prune , landscape ,rubbish remove , water systems , mulch there heaps , just let them know what u can do
    Jeez Geoff..have hard day mate. He is only asking for some advice. After all isn't that what this forum is all about. Help each other out. A little help goes along way. But to call him a Nancy is a bit over the top
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    Just an easy one but when I first started one of my little old lady customers was complaining to me bout a plumber that charged her $70 to come and change a tap washer....From that day on I carry a stash of washers in my glove box and have let it be known to all that I can help em out in that way.
    Something else I'm going to try when the cooler months approch is carrying a roll of fly screen wire and any house I see with damaged ones I'll offer to repair. Quick easy and a bit extra on the job.
    Exactly. I do a lot of little jobs for my clients and they pretty quickly work out you are much cheaper than plumbers etc. Paying a plumber his hourly rate to change a washer is a waste of money IMO. If I cannot do the job I will find a reputable tradesman that I can vouch for and give them a call. I network with quite a few different blokes now and it is working well. I just finished a $2500 garden job that started because I fixed a flyscreen door for the customer when she called me to have it done. I was recommended by a mate who is a paver. You need to be a Jack of All Trades and let it be known you are.

I have had a lot of comments from new customers who say something like " my last lawn mowing bloke only did lawns" Guess that is why they no longer use them.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

just wanted to strongley make the point like you bluey, u cant just mow.....good point.. u have to do many other things within your capabilities...so sorry for the nancy bit but i have seen too many lawnies that just do lawns and now complain there no grass.. this cliamate will see more of dry grass in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    just wanted to strongley make the point like you bluey, u cant just mow.....good point.. u have to do many other things within your capabilities...so sorry for the nancy bit but i have seen too many lawnies that just do lawns and now complain there no grass.. this cliamate will see more of dry grass in the future....
    I understand your point Geoff and agree with you. I am sure Lucho won't mind a little bit of colourful language. Apology accepted. We need blokes like you with the experience and the balls to say what they think.
    Cheers

Bluey

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

hi time for a change. Very well done to all who have responded. Local paper, local paper, local paper!!! There will always be someone out there who need things done. People talk!! Return your clients call and do your very best. Flyers, if you lucky would only be around the 2% mark of your business. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by time for a change
    Hi all thanks for the replies.
    Well seems that there are so many ways to advertise I have really been limiting myself to only flyers. I am going to try the local paper this week and see how that goes I think the coaster idea is a great way to go.
    Well time for me to get out there and get more flyers out I am not giving up at all I have taken long service leave from my full time job to work on advertising and so on my goal is to not have to go back.

Keep you all informed what is has worked for me.
    Did you end up putting a ad in the local paper? Hows it all going?

Hi all,
    A couple of day after my first post I received a call from a friend offering me to work for him mowing lawns and driving him around for 6 months only due to he lost his license; he has a big mowing run and he new that I was looking for work so now I am driving and pulling a huge trailer with a ride on, I only do 3 days a week as he has another guy for other 3 days. This is pretty good to me , I can still maintain my own clientele and do other things besides mowing.

I was thinking to advertise on any local papers but I have design a flyer in MS Publisher that came out alright, I have emailed it to friend and relatives and ask them to pass it on; so far it is doing the trick as I have receive 4 calls for mowing lawns and 2 for general handyman work.

Thanks Admin and Mike for your feed back I fully agree with both of you.

Cheers

Lucho

Thats fantastic Lucho excellent stuff .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

nice work lucho,,, keep visiting the forum and you'll learn alot too,, the guys have some great tips etc,

I reckon the best way to advertise (as a mum who does all the hiring) is MAGNETS!

I love getting them and they go str8 on my fridge to use and also they are much harder to lose unlike a leaflet!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123