Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Web Host Warning

Default Web Host Warning

Whatever you do don't purchase hosting with a company called Crazy Domains. One of my clients who I built a web page for had hosting with them already. He also got his domain name with them and purchased two years worth and all of a sudden after a year he lost his web presence. I could not work out what the problem was for a while until I checked his domain name and found it to be expired.

This happened on a Friday and we couldn' get hold of them over the weekend even though they supposedly have a 24/7 email help line. So I shoot off a email asking for help prior to finding out the domain name is expired ( I am still waiting on a reply to that by the way)

When I find out the domain is expired I send an email about that as well. I tell the client his domain name is expired and up for grabs and he is not at all happy understandably and finally manages to get them by phone on the Monday morning. They say everything is Ok as they are just changing the hosting over to another server and don't say a word about the domain name issue.

He tells me this and I do a domain name check and sure enough it is back in his name but the history on it shows it being renewed at 2200 on the Sunday night. I tell my client that they are full of it and then send them another email asking some pertinent questions of them ( also unanswered) We also find that they have uploaded an old back up of the clients site as some work we had done is missing and his .htaccess file is not working and crashes his page if active.The client is told that the reason the page is not working is bad code on the page. This crap but I check anyway and all is ok.

I speak to them by phone and explain what is going on and they as for 5 mins to find out and ring me back. Still haven't got that call either. While waiting I am logged into his cpanel when they do actually transfer his page to a new server which is what they reckon caused the down time in the first place even though they didn't actually do it.

After talking with my client we decide to jump ship and I get him hosting with my web host at a good rate and we transfer everything across and when he is up and running I upload his .htaccess file and all works perfectly.

So if you are thinking of buying hosting or domain names with this company think twice before doing so. I you are with them then get out quick. Thier service or rather complete lack of it and the downright lies they tell a proof of a shoddy operation. We are in the process of reporting them to the AUDA.

They are cheap for a reason and they will let you down if you need support.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Web Host Warning

Been with them you ages , never had any trouble and they always are happy to give support, both email and phone.

There are some terrible hosting companies out there, i have had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with these idiots, but Crazy Domains has never caused any problems for me , my clients or other people i know that also use them.
    Life is Just

Hmmmmm....Well that definitely wasn't our experience. Worst company I have had to deal with ever. I had another web host previously who was not all that good but at least they answered emails eventually and had 24/7 support albiet via an Indian call center. This mob only answer the phone during business hrs and their so called 24/7 help email just does not work. Both my client and I got the same crap from them. They just refused to respond to our issue and didn't answer any of our emails at all and on top of that they told us bulsht about the problem claiming they had transferred his hosting to another server when they clearly hadn't

Seems we are not the only ones that have had problems with them as well as there are quite a few things on the net about the poor service like this one

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/984046.html or this one http://christianpayne.com.au/2008/10...ins-are-awful/

Sorry LH but I just cannot agree with you on this one. I go by experience and the experience with Crazy Domains was dreadfull.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

who knows Bluey, maybe i'm lucky with them, maybe you got them at a stressful time or something, maybe they are better with me because i have several accounts, who knows.

On the other end though in regards to premium hosting, i was with netregistry once, there customer service was out of this would, i would actually get courtesy calls from them asking if there was anything they could help me with. But it was just do pricey for me at the time.

Another company i'm also with for a domain, is dot exel, they are good value, and offer excellent email support.

La H
    Life is Just

I had two domains, 1 x web hosting and 1 x email hosting only with Crazy (Crappy) Domains and they stuffed me around no end.

1. One domain expired despite having another year paid up. On this one I received a renewal due reminder despite having another year paid up. They apologised & said would fix thier end.
    2. On the other domain, hosting expired despite having another year paid up.
    3. I couldnt get replies via email request for support
    4. They were evasive when questioned about what went wrong, then blamed my code (which was proven as working)

They are a very cheap hosting service.
    Many will say that you get what you pay for. With Crappy Domains I didn't even get that!

I, too, would recommend you stay clear of them.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

I have my own domains registered with Net Registry and yes they are very good. For web hosting I use GD Web Hosting. Nicks service is exceptional and I would recommend him without hestitation. I have quite a few clients registered with him as well. His support team are spot on and super responsive.

In fact he is prepared to offer a discounted price of members of Indy which is extremely good value. I will put up a separate post on that topic.
    Cheers

Bluey

wow bluey...

just checked out GD Web Hosting, they look awesome!

i have been looking for a hosting provider of this quality/price forever, and they have reseller packages.

good thing you started this thread.

La H
    Life is Just

please read forum rules

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Very Helpful Member

can you please post relevant section as i'm a man and don't read rules or instruction manuals
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

ok...only trying to help others out. ..my apologies. Please delete this thread
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    please read forum rules
    These include:

WARNING

If you intend to degrade or bring down a business or person on these forums think hard before doing it. You may also like to check with your lawyer and or legal team to fight the law suit that may ensue believe me it can happen .

Much easier to promote and uplift and encourage alot less expensive on the hip pocket .

It would be a good idea to make sure that your facts are right and that you have reliable witnesses that are prepared to go to court for you if it comes to that.

------------------
    Okay - I still say the 'service' I experienced with one provider was indeed woeful - even Crappy! I have a witness. I have documented communications with them. I would personally suggest that anybody wanting great service would do better than sign with Crazy Domains.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

ok, i take back what i said, Bluey is right, and they are about as useless as a blowfly at a BBQ.

i'm trying to update a nameserver on a clients domain, and the system won't save the data, and there is a problem with the hosting too, so i contacted the company, and they were nice enough to not even bother to solve the problem, it's been almost 5 days now.