Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Tips for Rover owners

Pres Lawn

Default Tips for Rover owners

Ive noticed a few of you have bought Rover self drive mowers lately, so a few tips to keep it running.
    1) change oil regularly every 2 weeks.
    2) clean out rear wheel drive components every 2-3 weeks with high presure spray and grease.
    3) Oil chains every week.
    4) Carry spare spark plugs with you as if you cant start it, it is mormaly the plug.
    5) These tips are no tounge and cheek job I had 3 rear wheel failures in six months costing near $500 to fix so I complained to Rover and it is now all fixed. Dont get me wrong these mowers have their place, great for small to average lawns and will pick up wet grass no probs but they are not designed for the contractor to use all day every day. And that came from the horses mouth.

mojo111

My rover has never failed me, 23 months old same spark plug,
    starts first time all the time. have worn out the wheels tho and replaced
    them. Other than that no prob. allso I use promar oil aditive works great no oil burn and no nocks well over( 2000) hrs to.
    OOPPS!!Just rememberd I changed the spark 4 weeks ago. Not bad tho ah

PHIL . QLD

Pres Lawn

You must be one of the lucky ones.

mojo111

Like you said keep it clean oil and grease no problem

mojo111

What was the prblem you had with the rear wheels??

PHIL . QLD

Pres Lawn

The drive piion failed

mojo111

Do you have the 20'' or the 22'' rover. When you say piion do you mean lower sprocet on the axle??? the roll pin snaped 1 time, then I put a tac weld on it, no problem

pbm

Hey Mojo Do You Put That Promar Stuff In All Your Equipment? I Have Heard That It Is Good Stuff But Have Never Used It

mojo111

Yep promar in everything have used it now for ten years and have had some dodgey cars bikes trucks you name it i've used it in it. It works I swear by it. Noisey lifters big end bearings half cooked motors no prob, $20 for 200mil one bottel will do four cars 4cyl, or 20mil for a lawnmower. they did a test years ago ran a mower for 12 months after treatment with no oil then pulled it down,-- no drama put it back again re treated it away ya go. Just treated the new ztr after its first 50 hrs of op runs a bit quieter and revs a bit harder I allso use there petrol additive in the two strokes
    same properties as the oil additive great stuff.

Phil QLD.

Indyanswer

rear wheels for pro 560 self propelled 27.00 each at indy

mojo111

Quote Originally Posted by Indyanswer
    rear wheels for pro 560 self propelled 27.00 each at indy

Yeh thanks Indy. I think I only payed $45 for two? parts come from brizvagas so not far to go plus my dealer keeps a good stock list for all his mowers.