Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rover Mowers

Default Re: Rover Mowers

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Chain driven Honda........... interesting
    I think it may be a Ronda!

I was told by my mower guy that neither Honda or Rover are designed to be commercial machines. Contractors make up a small percentage of their target market. The Rover rep also told me something along the same lines. He said that if they were to design one to be a serious commercial machine, they would be priced to be unafordable to the large yard domestic owners who their main buyers are.
    I have flogged mine for 4 years now, and I have hardly spent a thing on it. Pretty good for a domestic machine that cost a pittance. Couldn't care less where it was made either.
    I remember when they went to the Rover engine, and all of the mower mechanics saying they were not going to stock them anymore,...bla bla . Now most of them stock them because they outsell Honda in my area. My experience with the Chinese engine has been faultless.
    If it died tomorrow, I could not care less. It has payed for itself countless times over.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I was told by my mower guy that neither Honda or Rover are designed to be commercial machines. Contractors make up a small percentage of their target market. The Rover rep also told me something along the same lines. He said that if they were to design one to be a serious commercial machine, they would be priced to be unafordable to the large yard domestic owners who their main buyers are.
    I have flogged mine for 4 years now, and I have hardly spent a thing on it. Pretty good for a domestic machine that cost a pittance. Couldn't care less where it was made either.
    I remember when they went to the Rover engine, and all of the mower mechanics saying they were not going to stock them anymore,...bla bla . Now most of them stock them because they outsell Honda in my area. My experience with the Chinese engine has been faultless.
    If it died tomorrow, I could not care less. It has payed for itself countless times over.
    A replacement is just so cheap
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321362010...84.m1438.l2649
    Attached Images Attached Images

Youve got to be kiddingme.... Damn that is cheap...... Now theres a good selling point...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12