24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 66.67%
  • No

8 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real time chat

Indyanswer

Admiral i run a business it takes staff staff cost money this site is listed on all family areas .admiral maybe one day you will have staff and then you will understand they have wages .Admiral there is one thing i dont like and that is people that pretend they are something they are not .

Indyanswer

admiral next time a customer says to u 25.00 it will only take u five minutes what do u mean 25.00 nothing is for free nothing takes 5 min . the only thing i can suggest is you set one up and run it see what it costs then we can do a comparison and you my be able to save me some money

Ebony

Having an external chat is great idea for those who want to have real time chat. The AOL chat facility on lawnsite is external also.

Unfortunately several people here do not know the appropriate place or time for certain things. Everything to do with our website is listed as being family orientated, appropriate for all ages. What is said in live chat cannot be controlled or monitored and to be honest I don't think some of the users know what is appropriate and what isn't. It is impossible for live chat to be incorporated into this site for this reason alone.

Admiral, you of all people should know that it costs to run anything. This is not a charity, it is a business. I would like to see you do a garden tidy up or any job for that matter for free - 'cause it isn't costing you anything now is it.

mick

Admiral was just asking you if it was possible. If your not keen on the idea, fair enough, no need to go on about it. Just drop it ok!

Ebony

Pardon Mick?

This is my first response, If I didn't reply people would stone me. Someone asked if something was possible... I replied: no i don't think it is and gave my reason.

Seems I am damned if I do, damned if I don't

Ebony

mick

I wasnt pointing the finger at anyone in particular Eb. Just trying to end the debate is all!

Indyanswer

mick admiral isnt who he says he is And ADMIRAL knows what i am talkin about

Tonyr

Please pardon me for dropping in guys, as everyone knows I know nothing about chat rooms n stuff, or anything techie for that matter LOL!

I understand what ya say Eb, the family safe issue is important, I agree.

You may of explained and I missed ya point, but can you put a free chat room on your forum that could only be excessed by those approved maybe, like the secret garden kinda?

I mean forum members, not just indy members...just throwing thoughts around to find a happy medium that's all...

I'm way outa my debth I know, just trying to help somehow.

I do understand that the forum is a business not a charity etc, and the chatroom is only fun not biz, I get that, just chat rooms are popular, makes the forum more sticky if they log in from the forum...

I don't think the chat room will take business away from the forum, just moniter/control chat members age I guess...maybe it is more complex than that?

just my thoughts anyway.

send that rain anytime it suits too eh!

Ebony

I am sick as they come today... having a little trouble thinking.

But Hi

Tonyr

Hi Eb,

sorry to hear that, get well soon eh?

Big arvo on the Bundy Rum will fix you!

Ahhh, you young folk, out partying all weekend, I dunno!

Rod

Dean,

I don't think it matters who I am. I am not the only participant on this forum that is here under an assumed name, am I?

Mick knows who I am as do at least another six or so members.

Identity aside I believe I have made thoughtful, informed and qualified posts. I have contributed to this forum. If you disagree create a post with a Poll the prove it or simply just bounce me?

I have refrained from poor language and inappropriate picture posts.

At the end of the day I am a paid up member of the ILMCA. I enjoy being here and I wish to continue my presence. I have experiences and success's (along with stuff ups) that I am entitled to share.

I simply asked a civil question regarding a live formum. Eb's point about not being able to control the content is correct. Notwithstanding this my post was unanswered for seven days.

I have got a lot from the live chat facility. Answers and comparisons I believe it can supplement the forum and at the same time be not associated.

If you wish to "demonise" me then do so at your own peril.

I plan to continue as a participant. I will change my avatar and identity if that will make things easier or alternatively reactivate the earlier identity?

Your call Dean? You pulled your gun are you going to use it?

Ebony

Yes Yes, Life is great! I wish I was out partying Tony... silly cold, sore throat headache etc.

mick

Quote Originally Posted by indi_gal
    Yes Yes, Life is great! I wish I was out partying Tony... silly cold, sore throat headache etc.
    Sounds like morning sickness to me!

Tonyr

don't for get about the Bundy Rum then!

Indyanswer

admiral when you spat the dummy last time for no reason you said you would never return but u did why and why wouldnt you take my phone call why we had done nothing to u what so ever and that must be evident that you are here under a different name u gave us a scathing attack on censorship which we diidnt do .one thing i wont take crap for is being nice doing the right thing and then somebody saying that we did wrong by them
    fair dinkum.as though its our fault.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast