Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Advertising so many choices

Stuie

Default Advertising so many choices

Hey Guys
    Just got offered this advertising.Club has new owner .Clientle is said to be young professionals like real estate agents etc.etc.
    I fear these sort of boards go unnoticed stuck in a storeroom etc etc I kinda think it would money better spent on a website.

ATTENTION: _STUART________________________

RE: 12 MONTHS FEATURE ON EVENTS BOARD

VENUE: PADDINGTON BOWLING CLUB____________________________________

Thank you for your interest in promoting your business on the New
    Club Events Board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As discussed, all displays are in full clour of your choice (at no extra cost). Space is strictly limited to six (6) separate types of businesses only and as the display is for a period of twelve months we feel this provides an excellent opportunity to promote your products and/or services in your local community.

The above mentioned Events Board is 102cm (width) x 184cm (height) in size. As mentioned there are a total of six displays allocated. All are in full colour format of your choice and laminated to maintain a protective finish. Each advertisement is A5 size (142mm x 204mm) displayed horizontally across the top of the board.
    The centre section of this Board will be used to display information regarding upcoming events, functions etc. The Board is mounted on a light-weight "A" Frame.
    The artwork typesetting and design is produced by our in-house Graphic Artist and is all inclusive in the total cost. A proof will be sent to you for your signed approval prior to assembly and delivery of the Board to the event. THERE IS NO PAYMENT UNTIL THE BOARD IS IN THE VENUE.
    The cost of each advertisement is $545.00 including G.S.T. This is for a MINIMUM period of TWELVE MONTHS and you will be the ONLY TYPE OF BUSINESS displayed.
    Yours faithfully

SCS CLUB SERVICES

Tonyr

dunno mate....a lot of money, but if it works that's great.
    I guess people looking at your ad will mainly be older people, question is in your area is this group likely to hire you?

The time we go putting ads in the yellow pages, newspapers etc we spend a lot each year, yet not one form of advertising is great, best is ok, the balance can easily be tipped, we need to get back what we spend and when advertising slows it makes it even harder...

I did this drink coaster campaign last year, pic of mower etc in front of sign written trailer, and all the text down the side, a couple thousand I think coasters for about $400, a complete flop, not one call from these...how do I know? When they put them out I asked callers where they got my number, most is news paper.
    This was done at the RSL here, big place...

Flyers is my next try in spring...

My advertising results are poor in relation to clientel imo, you almost need to go door knocking nowadays, people are slack, won't look for you, you need to be in their face...buggered if I know the answer....marketing is the key to this biz, it is also the bit that baffles me most.

This is where Franchises win, they get TV ads which bring the biz into the clients home right in their face, but an independant could never afford it.

Maybe one day indmowing might go down this road?

patch

This is the only advertising I do I have never run adds in papers or on boards and my costumers are referrals or they saw my trailer
    So save your money

sharon

Default advertising

I read this book, The wealthy barber he explained how his sister started up her business. She would so a picture of what their garden could look like then give it to them.Good idea if you can draw or draft. A guy in a town just out of byron bay has a bike shop and said ge gets more customers with his mural on the shop then on going paid advertising. This was a few years ago looded good and every body knew the shop. sharon

sharon

Default Yes patch

Patch good advertising being creative is the way to go. its easier to remember something like that then names and numbers, its a bit of fun and that apeals to people. Stand out from the crowd. Have fun with what ever you do. sharon

Tonyr

WOW! Love the signage mate, really nice!

I just had new signs designed and fitted to my car and trailer yesterday, wait and see now

Sharon, good points, I agree with ya totally!
    Good post btw!

mick

Patch, good sign there mate! One question though. Whats the name of your business..... I just see........... "LAWNMOWING" Is that your registered business name? Not having a go or anything, just interested is all!

I got sick and tired of trying different types of advertising. Cost too much with little or no results. Now I just go in the Y/P and thats it. Did well last season but I'm gonna do some fridge magnets up this year!
    It sounds like alot of money to go on that notice board although you might get alot of people looking at it from that area. Its alot of money if it dosent work!
    I put a tear off flier on a notice board at my local small shopping center. I just made it up myself and dosent cost anything. Have got work out of it as well!

I've edited it to put up here and its lost a bit of the "quality" but I'm sure you get the idea! Nothing special but cheap and easy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

patch

Quote Originally Posted by mickhippy
    Patch, good sign there mate! One question though. Whats the name of your business..... I just see........... "LAWNMOWING" Is that your registered business name? Not having a go or anything, just interested is all!

I got sick and tired of trying different types of advertising. Cost too much with little or no results. Now I just go in the Y/P and thats it. Did well last season but I'm gonna do some fridge magnets up this year!
    It sounds like alot of money to go on that notice board although you might get alot of people looking at it from that area. Its alot of money if it dosent work!
    I put a tear off flier on a notice board at my local small shopping center. I just made it up myself and dosent cost anything. Have got work out of it as well!

I've edited it to put up here and its lost a bit of the "quality" but I'm sure you get the idea! Nothing special but cheap and easy!
    Nobody wants to know who you are. There are two important things in advertising that is what you do and a phone number .
    On my cards I have lawn mowing in large letters on the top my name in small and the phone in large again people what to know what you do.
    Good idea with the tear-offs I used that in direct marketing and it proved successfully.

PATCH

mick

I suppose your right Patch, its "What you do" first and how to get a hold of you second.

hmmm Good thinking!

Topcat

Patch, Nice job on your trailor.

Imagine, if all the independants took that much pride in the greatest billboard they can invest in......

To the blokes who have nice trailors, I'm sure you would agree, money well spent...

Now where should you spend money to advertise....

Ebony

I personally agree with Patch... Unless you have huge name recognition there is not to much in a name. Let the customer know what you offer

Ebony

Pres Lawn

$545 for 12 months not a large target area I wouldnt go near it for that sort of money. $545 would by a lot of local paper ads but wait till spring.

bradtez

[QUOTE=patch]Nobody wants to know who you are. There are two important things in advertising that is what you do and a phone number .

I suppose i have to be the one to slightly disagree here. people will see your trailer but not have time or not have the memory to remember the phone number. Something catchy will stick in their mind and they can find you then. My wife came up with our business name "Brad's Backyard", for some reason everyone seems to remember it!!

The tear off strips on flyers have always been a big hit for me as well.

If you are thinking of buying fridge magnets try these guys www.fmf.com.au

Brad

Topcat

Brad,

I'd agree, most of my clients are referral or they see outside a clients house, phone the number on the trailor then I come out to them.

All my gear match's cards, trailor & invoice 's even shirt & jumper- wife said no to the jox's LOL

It will work just takes time & a bit of effort & a lot of PRIDE...

Good luck all, you'll get there
    Plan & don't quit

I just finish the manuel- follow that and you cant fail, unless you are lazy.!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Topcat

Quote Originally Posted by Pres Lawn
    $545 for 12 months not a large target area I wouldnt go near it for that sort of money. $545 would by a lot of local paper ads but wait till spring.

I would spend your money on fridge magnets or your local rage b/4 touching that stu- drunk people cant remember things......