Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: cleaning dry paper elements or filters

Indyanswer

Default cleaning dry paper elements or filters

If a paper element is dust stained on the inside iit should be replaced. Bashing a paper filter on the ground is a definate no no, could prove damaging to the fibres or the rubber seal.

They are best cleaned by tapping on the palm of the hand. Never wash paper elements.

Never use pressurised or compressed air, forced air will damage and widen fibrous make up.

When tapping clean an air filter do it away from the open carbie. Sounds silly, u would think that everybody does, but u would be surprised .

matder

good information for us all as i bet alot of us get lazy and cut corners well i know i do matty

Tonyr

They are best cleaned by tapping on the palm of the hand. Never wash paper elements.

========

Very true...

With Donalson filters on ride ons etc, the above method is great, also using a blower is fine as the air is not pressurised as such like compressed air.

I use the blower, blow from inside out first, works great and doesn't damage the filter.

I've seen several small engine mechanics bump the end of the filter on the ground...never liked that method. shudder to think...

gotta look after those filters...bad filter, expensive engine rebuild coming up.

thanks Dean, good post.