Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Flyers ....good or bad?

Fish

Default Flyers ....good or bad?

Hi all. No this is not a typo, I have posted this in 2 areas. I'm looking for others experiences and feed back from handing out fyers. Good for business or a waste of time?

Stuie

It has worked for us in some areas but not others.Some areas 1000 flyers - no response other areas 1000 flyers 10 or so enquires.I think you need to keep at it do the same area every few weeks if you see a potential for business there.
    We had a mob that was selling a new heating concept and we had their flyer 5 weeks in a row at home.Thats gotta get your attention at some stage!
    Im intending to do a run of 10000 flyers in about 2 weeks time just gotta find reliable deliverers
    Stuart

bradtez

Stu,

i sure hope you get a better resonse than 1% on your 10,000 flyer delivery.....

But it is a hit/miss game!!

Brad

Stuie

Yeh we have sort of worked out where to deliver and what suburbs to avoid.Areas that have for instance a high greek population are poor areas to gain new work because most of the residents are really house and garden proud and do the work themselves.
    We are aiming for a minimum 10% return on these new flyers.Magnets are sounding like a real good idea as well.
    STUART

Viceroy

You can get flyers delivered with other brochures for about $28-$33 per 1000.
    Magnets are fantastic !!!!!!!!!
    Where do they go ? On the fridge.And its the first place you look when you need it.
    They are even better on a backing card.Info on the backing card and the magnet just like your business card.

joff

Fridge Magnets are the go........

When I went into business 3 years ago I used Flyers,Business Cards & Magnets. Cold calling & Flyers did not work for me but whent through 250 magnets in the first year. The first batch of Magnets were quite plain, but they got to the point.

Have just purchased another 250 magnets, but this time incorporated colour and pict. of a Lawn Mower & Ride On to get the message. This cost me $171.50 through a local Printer (who just happens to be one of my clients).

Have also used selective marketing using my good clients, in that if they recommend my business to a friend/neighbour or rello.etc using my magnet, I will do there next mowing job free. However this referral must turn into regular work.

Regards

Joff

Rod

Joff,

Try mister magnets http://mistermagnets.com.au they are "dirt cheap" for full color magnets.

I got 5000 full color for less than $700.00 at business card size.

They are in Melbourne and the wait is never more than two weeks.

They post them up to you C.O.D. 5000 fit into about 1.5 shoe boxes.

It has taken me 14 months to go through 5000 after three trade shows etc etc.

Topcat

Fish,
    try to offer your current client extra service like weeding, mulching there garden beds even just cutting back overhanging branches.

Chances are when they talk to there friends you will pick up a refferal.

patch

Good on you Top cat referral are the way to go.
    My whole business is based on referral and the way to get them is do the extra bit.
    What I mean by this is clean the front door mat with the blower(take it away from the door first).
    It takes 2 min. to get the poll saw and trim branches away from the house.
    I killed the weeds in a ladies drive way, and she asked me how much extra it was, I said nothing it is all part of the service. Today I went back to mow her lawn again, she paid me a extra $10.00 and gave me 2 referral.

Some contractors think I'm mad for doing free-be but 2 referral could turn into more than a bit of roundup.

PATCH

Topcat

This is the same service I give all my clients- thats the standard service.

I only had an add in the paper for 2 weeks, all the calls which were only 2 that called was a waste of time.

So, I decided just to go to work on my current clients - just give them old fashion service, and they will tell every body.............

IF YOU ALL DON"T BELIEVE ME TRY IT !