Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New Mower

mojo111

Nice view mate! were abouts is that??

Tonyr

What sort of grass is that Mick?

Nice and green even though it was last years...

Is that part of a farm or a small lifestyle screage block?

Bloody nice spot there, top view!

Alex Callaghan

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr
    What sort of grass is that Mick?
    Looks like carpet grass or bufalow mixed with green panick

I can see a tuft of what looks like green panick in the corner of the pick ?

mick

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr
    Mick, go check out a new thread on L.S about Hustler burning....makes ya wander.

What do you mean we aren't bagging ya??

Bloody oath we are!!

I know where ya coming from....need to get ya bum on a Z to see what we are baggin ya about mate, they are pretty able.

That above pic, walk in the park, honestly, Z's are wide and low, like me lol

As far as rough terrain etc, unless you were going through mud, the Z would be faster, but if a Z gets stuck in mud most likely the 4by would too...but these aren't all terrain machines, but surprising how good they are due to the constant positive traction.
    Bag away, if I cant take it, I shouldnt give it! I know I have to give a Z'd a go, for sure. Pointless exercise at the moment though. Yes, I'm sure they are capable! They should be for the bloody high prices!
    Ive had the JD so bogged I had to get the car to pull me out. Mud was over the deck! First day, very embaressing but I wanted to test it. I found out the hard way! I wish I could show you some of the developments that will happen sooner or later. There arguing that its too steep to build on in some places!
    That pic Tony, its not the mowing, its the getting down to where you have to mow! Might get down there 99 times out of 100 but if you go, like I said, you really go!
    98% of the time I have no need or want to use 4wd. Makes the turning circle even bigger but its good to know its there!
    I agree with everyone with just about everything.

I do want one after all!

Hows this lack of rain stuff....... hehe Change subject!

mick

You name it, its in there somewhere! I couldnt tell you what the majority of the grass is. Kykuyu, couch, all sorts!

Its just an acre or so on the top of a ridge. Has a very nice house on it. Usless land really but a fantastic view! You can see the ocean from up there. Not the best pic. I took it with a Phone Cam!
    Its in Tallia, behind Mudgeerabah.

mojo111

Yeah nice place round there, I think a few boys town prize homes in that area. yeh top spot. cheers.

mick

Quote Originally Posted by mojo111
    Yeah nice place round there, I think a few boys town prize homes in that area. yeh top spot. cheers.
    Prize home central the Gold Coast! hehe

mojo111

Quote Originally Posted by mick
    Prize home central the Gold Coast! hehe

The ones close to the coast don't have any grass.---- All bloody landscaped except the ones on the lifestyle blocks---dam cooch

mick

Went for a look through a development today, trying to find a display home and yep, your right! Bugger all grass. They have some but not much! I'd still charge $30 for it but it would be a quick job! All that really fine, short couch(dont know what its called)! I hate that stuff! I hate all couch for mowing but like the old blue for walking on!

Alex Callaghan

dam cooch

Ya got that right!

Why people use couch is beyond me

Out of all the accounts I have the blue couch ones are the worst to cut and maintain.

A couch lawn couldn't supress weeds if its life depended on it.

Couch looks great for the first three months arfter it layed and then the weeds start coming up and the whole thing just goes to $hit. Thats what all the couch lawn do down here anyway

Somtimes I reckon ya got be out there evrey day workin on it to keep it in mint condtion!

Bloody couch!

mojo111

Yeah ya gota love them ones mate! in, out 15 min tops $30 bucks thank you verey much

mojo111

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Callaghan
    Ya got that right!

Why people use couch is beyond me

Out of all the accounts I have the blue couch ones are the worst to cut and maintain.

A couch lawn couldn't supress weeds if its life depended on it.

Couch looks great for the first three months arfter it layed and then the weeds start coming up and the whole thing just goes to $hit. Thats what all the couch lawn do down here anyway

Somtimes I reckon ya got be out there evrey day workin on it to keep it in mint condtion!

Bloody couch!

Give me sir walter anyday

Alex Callaghan

Give me sir walter anyday
    Too bloody right Mojo!!!!!!!!

Sir Walters the shoot!

A pleasure to cut.

Mulches really well too.

mick

You lot are luck buggers. Ive never mowed Sir Walter. Seen it once in a small patch but thats it!

I like Kykuyu and Carpet grass though!

the pic.... A fine example of old, never ferted, never watered, compacted and weedy couch!

Ahhhhhh gotta love the stuff! NOT!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tonyr

Yeah, I here ya!

We have that stupid crap ultra thin, ultra low couch here to...just gives a fine layer of green over the sand, and it must be cheap cause that's all the tightass locals here buy.

Blue couch is ok, but it is rare...

What is nasty is one called something like greenlees park couch...crap.

most of what i cut is just green panick, weeds, weeds, and more weeds, plus native junk.

no nice grass here even in the summer, and a Z can really tear that fine stuff if ya ain't careful....

Hey Alex, are ya gunna take some pics on Sunday mate?
    love to see some action pics of ya yellow rocket!

Wish I wasn't so bloody far away! bugger!

Back to mowers for a tick, why don't they build suspension on them all, plus make the front wheels able to power, so in fact to get a 4 x 4 ZTR, now you would have an awesome machine, I do think the rigid frame design is getting old though, I think manufacturers could give us more for our money, no way a lawn mower should cost 20K PLUS!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast