Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 22 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Proscape Lawn Mowers

Default Proscape Lawn Mowers

Trialled a proscape mower today , let me say
    wow ... and no i am not sellingt them either.
    I love the following
    strong deck with a bumber bar
    6 hp ohv kawasaki made in USA not from china
    bolted axcle system so dont have to worry about bushes all the time
    the height adjuster is steel and has 10 steps ,,i said yes steel not that plastic crap we are seeing on many mowers these days
    the whhels appear larger 8 inch i believe
    I love the steel evrywhere although down sides are a little heaveir than the honda but i am used to the heavier bushranger. I am not due for a replacement but thinking for spring time .they are around 800 bucks but i reckon 700 odd from the dealer could be done although they say april will see price rises , but that depends on supple and demand i guess .
    I rate this one of the best but would love to see how they go over one season..the people that got these things are the supplier of kaaz.
    Has anyone got one of these yet would love to knbow if they really good..my test drive was only for 12 lawns and was up there as the best compared with many others , certainly kills the honda , but need to know how versatile they are over 1000s of lawns not just 12
    interested on feed back please

Default Re: Proscape Mowers

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Trialled a proscape mower today , let me say
    wow ... and no i am not sellingt them either.
    I love the following
    strong deck with a bumber bar
    6 hp ohv kawasaki made in USA not from china
    bolted axcle system so dont have to worry about bushes all the time
    the height adjuster is steel and has 10 steps ,,i said yes steel not that plastic crap we are seeing on many mowers these days
    the whhels appear larger 8 inch i believe
    I love the steel evrywhere although down sides are a little heaveir than the honda but i am used to the heavier bushranger. I am not due for a replacement but thinking for spring time .they are around 800 bucks but i reckon 700 odd from the dealer could be done although they say april will see price rises , but that depends on supple and demand i guess .
    I rate this one of the best but would love to see how they go over one season..the people that got these things are the supplier of kaaz.
    Has anyone got one of these yet would love to knbow if they really good..my test drive was only for 12 lawns and was up there as the best compared with many others , certainly kills the honda , but need to know how versatile they are over 1000s of lawns not just 12
    interested on feed back please
    Mate they sound ok. I would be interested to see how they go on wet lawns...if we ever get them back lol
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

bluey they are apparently similar to the bushrangers , they have the kawa motor and from experience let me tell you they are superb with the wet grass.... when i test drove the thing the first lawn was on dewy grass about 75 mm and collected very well...should of pulled the honda out to compare.....I reckon we should get some trials going ...advertised paid by suppliers but we should actually compare oranges with oranges and do test trials to prove it beyond our own egos ??? then people could make there own decisions based on trials.

bluey they are apparently similar to the bushrangers , they have the kawa motor and from experience let me tell you they are superb with the wet grass.... when i test drove the thing the first lawn was on dewy grass about 75 mm and collected very well...should of pulled the honda out to compare.....I reckon we should get some trials going ...advertised paid by suppliers but we should actually compare oranges with oranges and do test trials to prove it beyond our own egos ??? then people could make there own decisions based on trials.

Geoff

Here's any idea. Why not talk to the supplier and tell him you are willing to do a trial on the machine if he supplies one for the duration of the trial. Let him know you are a member of Indy. Who knows you might get a new toy for a month or two and a discount on a newbie if you do buy one. I reckon it is worth a shot
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

geoff

which mower shop stocks proscopes in the melbourne area?

i would like to have a good look at one for the future.

its either this machine or the bushranger for spring.
    geejay

good point bluey..probably need a few involved as one opinion could be swayed but many could form the correct answer...i dont think any supplier will give that many out ,,maybe we need a location and a selection of products with a selection of good indy pros to beat it out for the day.....could have comp to to see who is the best lawn mower man...me me me

good point bluey..probably need a few involved as one opinion could be swayed but many could form the correct answer...i dont think any supplier will give that many out ,,maybe we need a location and a selection of products with a selection of good indy pros to beat it out for the day.....could have comp to to see who is the best lawn mower man...me me me

lol... bloody good idea mate....sort of like an AGQUIP....now Admin you could run with that idea. Get all the lawnies in and the suppliers. Goes to Country Miles idea about a reunion too...have a think about it
    Cheers

Bluey

any thoughts admin ????? u must have some long grass up at neerim south by now

I love the look of these mowers too. I am due for a newie and honda has gone to the pack. I am running a 15yr+ Kubota and my original 10 yrs+ 195 honda which was my spare when I brought a 196 3 years ago. The bases on Honda now are like tin foil. killed a few of them. Then found an old 195 base and ran it on that for the next 18 months. Just before xmas the engine self destructed. Something to do with the valve breaking and going through the head? The old Jap made one is still trucking along.

These Pro scape mowers look tuff. The only prob I have found is the only mulch ones are the steel deck 3 in 1 self propelled single speed $749. and the 21 inch alloy self propelled variable speed but it's got hight ajusters on all four wheels and a $1299 price tag. I dont mind pushing but most of my lawns are mulching and not sure a single speed SP will cut it. And the bushrangers dont mulch anymore either.

Senior Member Wombat Garden Services's Avatar

Waverly mowers seem to be selling these things on ebay, the 20" 6hp kawasaki self propelled one for $749, be interested to know how reliable the self propelled gearbox is & the availability & gearbox replacement cost if it fails..
    Seems like a real bargain at that price, ill be buying a self propelled next spring & was either going for the usual honda 216 SP ($1400) or the rover procut 560 with the B&S 6.5hp (1200) the wombat will wait & see

U must remember though these proscape as with the bushrangers are heavier than the honda but u get used to what u know...one frustrating thing is the cut off power , it has a handle similar to the self propelled so when u relase the handle the engine turns off..will be a oh&s requirement soon...i just put a clip around it because i found it frustrating every time i emptied the catcher....but i guess i9t something u get used it and its a great safety plus especially if u have workers , or leave it running whilst u go back to the ute...

I'm looking at buying something and this mower sounds good. I think the Honda's are very overrated. Engine always starts first time, but the mower itself has some flaws. I'd never heard of them or the Bushranger before joining this site, so I just googled Bushranger and found a dealer about 10 minutes way from me. i will go over there and check it out soon.

Can you tell me if the chute is like the Honda where the self propelled parts are filling half the chute so it struggles with wet of thick grass? Thats where the Rover beats the Honda, but I dont like the catcher on the Rover.
    I love the sound of a Kawasaki engine on a mower. I use Kawasaki brushcutters and cant speak highly enough of them.

Might have to check out these proscape / bushrangers. Do they run a shaft or belt drive to the gearbox?
    It would be nice to be able to buy a mower and use it without having to spend a day getting it up to a good enough standard to mow a lawn efficiently.

Hey HONDA!!! Wakey wakey!! Don't tell me you academiacs are still out to lunch?
    Hope they sack the bloody lot of ya, a lunch break shouldn't run for 3 years.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

these mowers are impressive,today i looked at the bushranger and proscope,kawa motor looks powerful,only 2 blades required and that will kick the clipings into the back of the catcher,no mulcher,but i will look at the didicated masport mulcher for that purpose. my gut feel this is the machine for all round work.
    geejay

I was considering one of these mowers as well but was a little concerned with repairs under warranty since they originate in melb and we are on the coast (gold of course)
    anyone have a thought

Page 1 of 22 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast