Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122

Thread: Proscape Lawn Mowers

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Proscape Lawn Mowers

Honda gxv160 is 4.3 hp
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Look at the Masports 800AL SPV, its powerful and brutally fast like 2X the Honda 216s are a joke in comparison, retail for $1,289.

Honda might be better suited for Catching jobs with the blade break but I can live without it, just lower the revs and dont stick your hand down the chute when it gets clogged, The Masport has a much more athletic feel to it than the Honda being lighter, faster and more power.

Very Helpful Member

top speed 6.95 and b&s 850 sounds ok
    http://www.masport.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=1156
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

they look the goods - masport and steelfort bases were used for the original bushranger s/p mowers, both nz made bases

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    top speed 6.95 and b&s 850 sounds ok
    http://www.masport.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=1156
    I will look forward to some reviews !!

Default Re: Proscape Mowers

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Well I finaly bought a Proscape - 21inch steel deck, self propelled, Kawasaki 180v motor.

Before mowing anything I removed the engine brake, and switched the kill contact to the throttle/governor lever (there is a designed spot for the kill contact to bolt straight onto on the throttle linkage)
    Noticed a fair bit of flex in the deck, with pissy welds and fairly thin construction.
    Moved the throttle control and handle nuts to the inside of the handles to avoid branches
    Bent/adjusted the clutch lever to almost halve the lever throw, so it can be used one handed easily ( I like mowers I can "dance" with)
    Noticed the drive belt rubs heavily on the plastic belt guard, altered the belt cover so the cable goes through it properly.
    Straightened bent front wheel axles (dunno how long these will last - seem very soft metal)

Then I Mowed a nature strip as a trial.

Worst problem is it's as slow as a wet week in Melbourne. - Basically useless as a self drive commercial mower, Like 1st/2nd gear in a Honda.
    2nd big problem is the deck overhang behind the back wheels. Lift the front 15cm off the ground when turning and you'll scar the turf with the back overhang. Forget using the back wheels on steps like a Honda - the Proscape is a 2x person carry because of the overhang.

I've mowed 50 square metres and I hate it.

Swallowed my pride and checked out the new model Hondas this arvo.
    Rather than a local Honda HRU I've imported an American Honda HRX for evaluation on the job. Here is the link http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...-an-Aussie-HRU
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122