Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Proscape Lawn Mowers

Default Re: Proscape Mowers

Both mowers are belt drive, Bushranger is 3 spd box while Proscape $1299 model variable speed is what they call a sliding pulley, the pulley opens an closes as you select the speed

The $1299 proscape is variable speed 21inch alloy deck, the other one's are 20inch steel deck single speed! Let go of the handle and away you go. Got told the other day 4kph. Have also just got in contact with a guy in ferntree gully who is trying to sort out a mulching plug for the alloy deck proscape. He told me to call back next week and he should have it sorted. It probly wont mulch like a dedicated mulcher but would be better than just dropping the clippings.

Cheers Rick

Thumbs up Re: Proscape Mowers

I bought a 21" Bushranger 3 speed last week, got it for $995 ($200 off). Main reason I bought it over a Proscape is the alloy base.My run is right by the beach & steel bases don't last - sand more than rust. Very happy so far.

i was specifically wondering if anyone had any thoughts about warranty issues . considering the mowers are mostly being sold online or down south in melb and our business is on gold coast. or does anyone know if they are being sold anywhere up here for same cost????

proscapes come from Melbourne,bushrangers are from Narangba, Brisbane - don't know if that helps.Proscapes no. is 1800 626 210,
    Bushrangers come from Powerup Lawncare Products ph. 1300 363 027.

des who in WA stocks them?

Hi guys,
    I purchased one about a month ago(just starting out) and am really happy with my decision so far .
    As in WA we use Reel mowers predominatly the rotary is only for rough stuff,so much grunt at low revs and fill the rear of the catcher first :-)
    I only bought the push model(not self propelled) and its not light,but at $599,i reckon it was a great buy .
    There is good representation and service backup here too.

Regards

Des
    Mondo's Mowing
    Mondo's Mowing
    Des

Hi Craig,
    Northside mowers 14 Kirke St Balcatta 92 402411.
    Is that close enough for you ?
    Mondo's Mowing
    Des

So does the self propelled gearbox take up half the chute where the grass comes out?

What you should be looking for in a mower is one that leaves a great finish i find Honda rotary Lawnmowers have the best finish havent found one that does a better cut and the wider the cut the worse the finish .

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain
    What you should be looking for in a mower is one that leaves a great finish i find Honda rotary Lawnmowers have the best finish havent found one that does a better cut and the wider the cut the worse the finish .
    I dont rate the Honda's finish at all! Because it is heavier it sinks in much more than the Rover and leaves swirl marks a lot. Mine also seems to leave a thin strip of grass along the right hand side. It has done this since new. Also when lawns are thick or wet, the Honda cannot cope with the grass and gets clogged in the narrow chute. The Rover just powers straight through it and collects everything.
    I have owned two Hondas and one Rover in my time, they both have their flaws which is why I am looking for an alternative.

formal , i have both hondas and rovers too so that why i reckon u would like the proscape or bushranger , which by the way give a better cut than honda down here in se melbourne.....

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    formal , i have both hondas and rovers too so that why i reckon u would like the proscape or bushranger , which by the way give a better cut than honda down here in se melbourne.....
    Thanks mate. I might grab one of the proscapes on ebay.

just remember though they are heavier than the rover but u get used to it

Bigal

Hi to all. Just got back from Bunning,s who are selling Proscape Mowers Self Propelled Combi 3 In 1 under $700. This could be a good deal as they tell me they are now agents for them

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast