Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mobile phones do we leave them switched on after hours??

mick

I just have voice mail. Its on all the time! Far from perfect but its all I can do at the moment. I'm looking into this answering service where a girl answers the phone then SMS's me the message! If its not to expencive, I'll give it a go.

Tonyr

I use voice mail, happy with it, not perfect but you can't please all can ya...

I used indmowing's answering service when I started, great service, I won't quote price publicly so if interested talk to Ebony.

mick

Tony, Couldn't go through Indy now anyway because my number is already in the new Yellow Pages!

I think these answering sevices are like.... I dont answer the phone... Gets directed to service provider.... They send you either a Text, Message left on voice mail, emailed etc.

Like I keep saying though, it comes down to price for me!

Just saw the Cowboys kick the Bulldogs azz! haaaaaaaaa First full game I've seen all year! Matty Sing's probably my favourite player and he goes and score 3 tries! yeeee ha!

"Go the Cowboys!"

joff

Hi mates

Have my Mobile on 24/7 with Message Bank if I miss a call. With Vodafone and this service is free. If there is a message from a missed call my Mobile will ring each five mins. until I retreive this message, just hit main key on Mobile and the message will read back to me, no dail up.

Have just invested in a hands free lead for my Mobile, cost me $20.00 has an ear piece & microphone. When the phone rings you can hear it through the ear piece above the noice of your equipment. All I need now is an FM receiver in my Mobile.......

Regards

Joff

Topcat

Voice mail/optus thats all i use.

if the client don't leave a message, ther phn no. is left as a missed call- so i call back between jobs.

it been funny lately a couple of missed calls have been jims'& other contractors- ya orter here them when i call return LOL LOL

ryancronin

i Leave my mobile on 24/7 days a week it could be that big job that i want

Rod

I am an analytical S.O.B.

I reckon use service providers Voice Mail (your voice) then you have a 50% chance of a lead.

I use a Pager system (woman's voice real time) and I have a 90% chance of lead.

I measure everything. Fuel consumption, yield per job, sales per man hour, kilometers traveled per day you name it!

Lets face it our own voices on recorded messages. "Are you turned on?" I doubt it! Play the marketing game!!!!!

mick

That answering service rang me today to give me a price! ........................$220/mth!

I stopped her after she said!

Rod

Mick,

$220.00 move on (as you have) there are more cost efficient alternatives out there.

Ring "Link" you need a message taker not "Phone ***."

Their are other service providers that do it much cheaper.

mick

For sure Rod, It was a spur of the moment when I emailed them. I'll shop around a little but even 100/mth would be too much. If it was say $1/ per call or something I could handle that but $220 just in case someone rang is just silly!
    In the end if people dont want to leave a message or spend a few extra cents on ringing the mobile, do I really want them as a customer? PITA screening maybe!

Topcat

? mick

how many clients do you have at the moment,
    you can email me the amount, just interested

mick

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat
    ? mick

how many clients do you have at the moment,
    you can email me the amount, just interested
    To be honest with you, I dont know! I've only mowed a couple since the start of winter and I know I've lost a few from them moving, getting mowers etc. We still havent had enough rain here to kick things on yet and its still cool at night.

If I dont loose any more, lets just say I'm in a much better position than this time last year, but time will tell!

I dont have a lot of lawns but there mainly acreage so make up on (for want of a better word) quality rather than quantity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123