Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laws For Spraying...

Default Re: Laws For Spraying...

Why don't you ask Rudd the Dud or spray him
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

rudd the dud knows all and you know something he loves to please but not me

lol he knows Jack mate. I would love to see him getting his hands dirty.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

has anyone got the exact facts on round up use??????? the more research the more confusion....the underline of most answer has lent towards that if its avaiable to the public its ok to apply without restriction...licence wise
    '

This label says it all. If you look it has two ticks saying it is registered for commercial and domestic use, so anyone can buy and apply round up. If the label only has a tick for commercial use then it means you have to have a licence to buy and apply.
    http://www.pestgenie.com.au/default....9603&Details=Y

G'Day Geoff.
    I'm not positive but I would assume that in all states it would be unlawful for any joe to spray roundup using an electric/mechanical pump sprayer on property not owned by them without a licence, however any joe can spray anywhere using a manual pump sprayer.
    Have you tried calling the DPI? They would be able to tell you and send you any relevent documents on this for Vic.
    Cheers, Jason.

If your lawns and garden's have lost their Mojo...
    Call Mowjo Man

Hi Geoff this is for NSW but as far as I am aware it is fairly standard for NSW,VIC, QLD,SA & WA.
    from the NSW Dept of Environment and Climate Change
    "I only use small quantities of pesticides in my work - do I have to be trained?
    You do not need to be trained if you only use small quantities of household pesticides as part of your business or work, provided that you do all of the following:

you only apply pesticides that are ordinarily used for domestic purposes (e.g. in the home or garden), and
    are widely available to the general public at retail outlets such as supermarkets, and
    you apply the pesticide by hand or by using hand-held equipment, and
    if you use the pesticides outdoors, you use no more than 5 litres/5 kilograms of concentrate or 20 litres/20 kilograms of ready-to-use product, or
    if you use the pesticides indoors you use no more than 1 litre/1 kilogram of concentrate or 5 litres/5 kilograms of ready-to-use product."
    You can still use a electric powered applicator as long as you don't put out any more than 20 litres of ready mixed Pesticide, Herbicide or Fungicide. Then you need to be trained and licenced

thanks boys , i did try to contact DPI but after 1 and half hours of getting run arounf i gave up , so will give it crack when its raining and i have all day...public servants are f@ckers dont care as long as the flexi time is up toi dat and the pay is in the bank not to mention the great super scheme they have ...geez maybe we are the f@ckers

Ok in Victoria you dont need a license to spray round up on residential properties however you will require a license to spray on commercial properties called a Commercial operators license .SEE BELOW POST
    If you ring Department of Primary Industry DPI they will pass you onto a guy named Michael have spoken to Michael so no need for you guys to do so more info to come .

AGRICULTURAL AND VETERINARY CHEMICALS (VICTORIA) ACT 1994
    http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/v.../aavca1994448/
    Last edited by administrator; 15-06-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/nrenfa...256C380018EDBB

Commercial Operator Licence

A Commercial Operator Licence (COL) is required by people who operate a business that provides ground-based agricultural chemical application services (i.e. all application methods excluding aerial) for a fee or reward in Victoria (except for specific types of pest controllers licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS)). Commercial Operator Licences issued by other State and Territory governments are not valid in Victoria.

There are three types of COL endorsements issued by DPI, each with different training requirements. A licence can have any or all of the endorsements provided the appropriate training is completed.

Area of Operation

Training Requirement
    COL - Agricultural Chemicals (other than Vermin Destroyers/Avicides and Fumigants) Endorsement
    Required by people in the business of applying agricultural chemicals for agricultural or horticultural purposes, including forestry, post-harvest treatment and the control of weeds, insects and diseases.

One of the following: A Course in Farm Chemical Use, Agsafe Personnel Accreditation course, ChemCert Agvet Chemical Training, Farmcare, SMART train Chemical Application course, Weed Identification and Control or another DPI recognised equivalent.

COL - Vermin Destroyers/Avicides Endorsement
    Required by people in the business of vermin control in rural areas (e.g. fox, rabbit or bird control).
    Vermin Control Course

COL - Fumigants Endorsement
    Required by people in the business of produce or soil fumigation.
    Fumigation Course eg North Melbourne Institute of Tafe Fumigation Course

Pest Animal Bait Products containing 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate): From the 1st January 2008, all people who use 1080 pest animal bait products in Victoria (including COL holders and their employees) are required to have successfully completed the VIC21835 Course Minimizing the Risks in the Use of 1080 Pest Animal Bait Products in Victoria. Visit DPI 1080 for more information.

To find out what organisations offer these training courses and where they are run, contact TAFE Institutes, Agsafe, Chemcert, VCAH colleges, private providers or industry organisations.

Domestic and Commercial Premises pest control: People in the business of pest control (domestic and commercial premises) require a ‘Licence to Use Pesticides (LTUP)’, which is issued by DHS. For information, contact the DHS Pest Control Program on 1300 887 090.

Commercial Operators are required by the regulations to keep specified records of all chemical applications and to keep these records for a minimum of two years.

To qualify for a COL an applicant must:
    Have successfully completed the appropriate training course, and
    Provide information on any previous convictions under any of the following Acts:
    Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Act 1992
    Drugs Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981
    Dangerous Goods Act 1985
    Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
    Environment Protection Act 1970
    Health Act 1958.
    The COL application fee as at 1 July 2008 is $431.30 and the licence is valid for three years - Commercial Operator Licence Application form - Form # 76

I HAVE ATTCHED Commercial Operator Licence Application form - Form # 76
    CLICK ON FILE
    Last edited by administrator; 15-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Admin

Following our discussion, attached is the pertinent Victorian legislation regarding licensing requirements for garden contractors who use chemicals.

Refer to Section 30 of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Act 1992 that creates an offence for commercial use without an licence

See paragraph 7 in the following Order in Council which creates an exemption for some commercial use in domestic gardens.

The following brochure gives a good summary of Commercial Operator Licences including the exemption for some commercial use in domestic gardens. This would be the best guide if you wished to provide information to your members.

The Commercial Operator Licence Application form can be found on our webpage at www.dpi.vic.gov.au/chemicalstandards

If you have any further queries regarding the licensing requirements for garden contractors, I suggest contacting ***, Licensing and Policy Officer on (03)***.

Regards,

Michael

thnaks admin....i wonder how many contractors are doing it illegially? the penalities are a lot more than obtaining the licence ( commercial application) and or attending the farm chem course..I can hear lifestyle from tassie laughing his guts out now ..he always was against using chemicals

Yes about 95 percent of lawnies /gardeneners and landscapers are breaking the law when spraying roundup or any other chemical for a fee .
    The excemption still requires you to do a course and i wonder if thats a course to read the label on the roundup label on the bottle.
    Surely doesnt make any sense at all.

We will be having further chats to the authorities on this matter to see if we can find a solution .

My understanding of the NSW situation is that it is OK for contractors to apply herbicides to customer's gardens and lawns provided the (herbicide) products were purchased from Retail outlets.

In other words, they are sourcing the same products available to Homeowners.

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by lawngreen
    My understanding of the NSW situation is that it is OK for contractors to apply herbicides to customer's gardens and lawns provided the (herbicide) products were purchased from Retail outlets.

In other words, they are sourcing the same products available to Homeowners.

Gerry
    you cant use any thing bigger then 15 ltr
    so only hand pumps and 15 ltr backpacks
    so you are better off getting the ticket so you can spray the big jobs with the 50,100,200,ltr sprayers
    []

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast