Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Laws For Spraying...

Default Re: Laws For Spraying...

I agree that for large applications there should be a licence but for us gradeners who would be lucky to use 1 litre per month if that should be the same a household...admin this cant be left ...I still think a represensation from organisation level is a must...I dont mind if theres a course but most times these are totally irrevelant to our business..I would rather this organsation or some one run a specific approved weedicide cousre directed at us if it has to be that way..but i have that feeling this subject will go away in the distance like back in 2004

Yes we have to talk to work care & workcover as well as dpi

DPI MADE A POINT IF YOU CANT BUDGE THEM THERE IS NO POINT IN TALKING TO US

Letters will continue to be sent to see if we can be excluded alltogether .
    Its just a matter of asking the right questions to the right people .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

thanks admin , appreciate that , its easy for us to sit back and say go do it keep firing those letters...is there other lawn mowing orgs that have info or maybe use to help out??? I wonder what jim does lol

im in western aus and ive got my pest management technician licence i got it through my old job working for a large company doing housing estate parks and the such so they paid for the course and the yearly renewal while i was there but am now my own boss here the law is if your getting paid to spray the herbicide or pestidice you need a licence from the health dep and you have to do it safley accordin to the lable and keep the chemicals locked up at all times

also have to dispay lic number on ya vechule but i think that only applies if ya using it with the boom sprays on the front or have the spraying tank and pump on the back and it a $1000 fine for the person spraying not the company thats why i got mine cause i kicked up and said im not spraying cause i didnt have a licence then they put me through and i had to bummmer

Quote Originally Posted by Wattle GC
    Maybe so however here in Sydney in the Last couple of years the was a case of a geen keeper who let a spill from a golf course into a river system and killed 10000 fish .

It was well documented and started the snow ball effect we see today from the EPA and councils with Teir 1,2and 3 fines..I see the day when even round up is banned..
    g'day Wattle GC, I know of that case very well! The golf course Supt involved actually did gaol time, lost his home, his job & his family! And he wasn't even involved in the spill into the waterway, he just the "responsible person" involved! Poor ba$ard!

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc
    g'day Wattle GC, I know of that case very well! The golf course Supt involved actually did gaol time, lost his home, his job & his family! And he wasn't even involved in the spill into the waterway, he just the "responsible person" involved! Poor ba$ard!

Nothing like a witch hunt.. Fines are increasing as more people cut corners so we just have to be more professional and work with care when using chemicals..Otherwise they will make more examples to justify their existance..

i would be contacting the dpi 4 victoria area they
    should put u in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Yes we have to talk to work care & workcover as well as dpi

DPI MADE A POINT IF YOU CANT BUDGE THEM THERE IS NO POINT IN TALKING TO US

Letters will continue to be sent to see if we can be excluded alltogether .
    Its just a matter of asking the right questions to the right people .
    any thing on this one admin...any feedback

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    any thing on this one admin...any feedback
    anything admin???would be better a letter from an organsation like us to get some answers

Up dated 06/03/2013

TASMANIA

If you operate a business that provides a commercial spraying service, you must hold a Commercial Operator Licence. This is essentially a business licence. The annual fee for this licence approx is $138. The Licence applies to any business that uses agricultural chemical products to control insect pests and disease, weeds rodents, bird etc. for fee or reward.

Exemption from Commercial Operator Licence.

If you provide a service for fee or reward which involves some spraying, but the spraying is only incidental to the main service you deliver and you only spray a small amount for agricultural chemical product, you do not need to have a commercial operators licence. To qualify for this exemption, you must purchase, store and handle the products in the containers in which they were sold for home garden use.

For the purpose of Regulation 8 of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Regulations 1996, a “small amount” of agricultural chemical product means any amount of this type of product, which is registered, packaged and labelled for use as a home garden product in Tasmania. This is provided the product is purchased, stored and handled in packages, which are approved for home garden use.

Generally Home Garden products are limited to small packs of low-toxicity products. They are labelled and packaged especially for the home garden and are available from nurseries.
    contact Maria.Hawksley@DPIPWE.TAS.GOV.AU PH 03 63365332 fax 036336 5374
    Further details available HERE

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

QUEENSLAND

Under the Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966 (PDF, 453KB), if you intend to use ground equipment to distribute herbicides on land that you do not own or occupy, you may need a commercial operator's licence.

Factors that can determine if you need a licence include the type of ground equipment that you are using and whether you are carrying out the ground distribution in a declared hazardous area.

You must be at least 17 years of age to be issued a commercial operator's licence. You do not need a licence if you are carrying out ground distribution outside of the regulated areas in Queensland. Commercial operator's licences are issued by Biosecurity Queensland.

For more info on defined hazardous areas in Queensland look here:
    http://www.business.qld.gov.au/indus...ted-herbicides

To be eligible for a commercial operator's licence you need to complete the required course of study at an approved RTO such as TAFE etc.

Upon completion of the subjects a licence fee is payable to Biosecurity Queensland/DPI of $26.95 for one year or $63.95 for three years.

The required study at TAFE or through a private RTO will cost around the $400 mark.

Further info at the following link:
    http://www.business.qld.gov.au/indus...ing-herbicides

I understand the current NSW regs to be that if the material to be used is available via retail sale, and is applied as per the directions accompanying the material, then it is OK for commercial operators to apply that material in that manner.

Is this correct?

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345