Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Auctions

Pain in the Grass

Default Auctions

G'Day all.....Bought myself an echo blower/vac from an auction today...Ex council, but has had little or no use at all....Got it for $170.00.....Looks brand new. Bargain I thought.. There was four of five Stihl BG85 blowers that went for around the $200.00 mark and all of them were in great nick as well....Stihl HS80 hedge trimmer went for $200.00...heaps of good chainsaws for around the $200.00 to $250.00 mark...Stihl and husky models.

There was two ex council Walker mowers....both 25hp diesels, one with a 42" deck and the other a 48" deck I think...the smaller one had a high lift catcher and had 459hrs on it. the bigger one had 194 hrs on it.

The little one sold for $10,000.00 and the bigger one went for $8000.00....Bloody bargains...Jeez loiuse,,,why is it that you never seem to have the cash when these things come up

Apparently the guys from the council who were operating them didnt like the idea of having to haul grass away and that's why they were put up for auction!!!!!

Oh well...I'm happy with my little purchase....I already have an echo blowwer and this will make a nice little spare......

Ebony

Congrats on the purchase - gotta love a bargain

Ebony