Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lost A Client

mick

Eb, why didnt your reply get on here?

Tonyr

Quote Originally Posted by Pain in the Grass
    Man this spat is nearly as good as the one Tony and I think it was Alex had the other week... ;

Sorry guys,,,Just kidding...Look what happened with those two...ended up buddies again...

Patch please dont spit the dummy cos' we differed in our opinions as Rods actions...We're all entitled to our opinions and that is what makes this and other forums so democratic....

I'm sure you are a valuable asst to this association and would be a shame to have you leave over this......

anyway good luck to ya mate....hope business is brisk this season.

LOL, Yeah Alex and I have been mates way before this forum was born, and as individuals we say what we think, only humans afterall.
    We can't all agree with everything everyone says, e.g Alex and I recently, but we can get over it and move on, all grown ups here!
    We can have a difference, a tiff if ya like, doesn't change anything, we would still have no probs buying each other a few coldies!

Afterall, everyone with orange and yellow mowers, want new ***y red ones....I can understand peoples frustration

With keyboard communicating it is easy to mis understand the other person, and things can blow up easy as there is very little true expression.

We need to get bobbygedd here from lawnsite, he would get us all firing on all cylinders lol.

And I still reckon TORO'S RULE!

Pain in the Grass

Hopefully Walkers might rule down here soon....for a while anyway..Got a guy in Qld...who might be going to dry lease me one for the coming season to see if it suits my needs....If I like it then I've got the opportunity ot buy it or just hand it back....SIMPLE as that..(well on paper anyway)...

42" catch job.....around 500hrs on it at moment....

Was gonna use it for my subbie work on the dEpartment of Housing jobs...However,,,,the gloomy side to that is the guy I'm contracting to might not get the contract back when the tender comes up soon for that area....Bloody Hell...that'd be right ..

Just when I'm getting into the swing of things....I'd put my own tender in to the housing department, but I just dont feel confident in doing it...So much paperwork so little time

Just typical of the way things are going for me at the moment...Cant seem to cop a break

Tonyr

I know what you mean, buggered if ya do, buggered if ya don't situations....story of my mowing career LOL!

Make sure you throughly check that walker before you sign anything, if it has been flogged a bit they can be costly to maintain.
    They are a good catching mower for small, med ressies, a good one will really benefit you. A bad one....

With the 42'' deck mate, how much wider is the deck than the tyres?

I've not seen this deck, narrower the deck the less side trim you get, just something to remember.

Good deal though try before you buy, i had the toro nearly a week, too much money to waste!

good luck!

Pain in the Grass

Ah crap,,,didnt think of the tyre width...!!! The guy who will be leasing it is going to get it thoroughly checked over before I take it and it will be up to him to fix if something goes weong with it whilst I am leasing it from him...that was at least I'kll be able to find out if there are any problems with it before deciding whether to buy or not..

Should suit my needs, I dont so acreage or get into real rough stuff so shouldnt be a problem....Apparently it's got a deflector chute too so if I dont want to catch grass then that should solve the problem.

Hey Tont, I notice you had a deflector chute on the one you sold...Does it spray grass everywhere or concentrate it in a defined area. Also, do rocks come flying out like scud missiles. I dont want to be using it and have grass or rocks flying out all over the place over unsuspecting passers by etc......

Tonyr

Things to check are the wheel bearings, blower wear (they wear fast on sand) gearbox and deck gearbox, the "wiper" motor in the catcher dies, deck to mower chute etc. basic stuff, but important stuff that can stop you.

The deflector chute, great thing! All it does is enable to to not catch, still can't cut heavy work as everything still goes through the blower, so if you pick up a rock, yes it will shoot out. Fast!

Because the oscillator sprays side to side, the discharged grass is nicely sprayed out even, i used mine a lot!

The spray doesn't throw straight out, it is faced downward, about 12 ft off memory behind you max, may be less. (been a long time!)

Just don't aim the mower chute at anything breakable, like a side discharge chute, same rules, different method.

I found as my catcher was a high lift version was too dusty at the dust exhaust port at the catcher rear, so I fitted a rubber curtain to extend the exhaust more downwards, worked perfect, dunno if i posted a pic or not though but it really made a huge difference!

The work you describe it sounds like the walker will be great, nice and light, small, and definetly more gentle than a rough as ass midmount like mine! lol.

Sounds like a great arrangement with the lease mate!

pbm

Just went out and measured my 42" deck for overhang and it sticks out 2 inches past the tyres. If you can spend the extra 3 grand or so buy yourself a S/D deck because Tony is correct in saying when you hit the heavy stuff it still has to go through the blower and will clog up.

Pain in the Grass

How about a mulching deck..Do Walker make those...and if so could it be used in conjuction with the catcher....Like some sort of mulch plug the pushies use????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234